Strange wording on my variation??

jam1e

Firstly, top marks to West Mercia Police for a quick turn around time on my variation. Around 10 days!

However, I'm now wondering if the wording may be incorrect.

I asked for a .22 fac air rifle, a .357 rifle, and a .308 Win. All 3 for range use and vermin and deer control. All were granted without any problems.

However, they describe my current .22 rimie, as ".22 RF bolt action". With that in mind, it states I can now "Purchase or acquire" a ".22RF Rifle-Air". That doesn't look or sound right to me. Does anyone else have that wording for their fac air rifle?

Firstly, top marks to West Mercia Police for a quick turn around time on my variation. Around 10 days!

However, I'm now wondering if the wording may be incorrect.

I asked for a .22 fac air rifle, a .357 rifle, and a .308 Win. All 3 for range use and vermin and deer control. All were granted without any problems.

However, they describe my current .22 rimie, as ".22 RF bolt action". With that in mind, it states I can now "Purchase or acquire" a ".22RF Rifle-Air". That doesn't look or sound right to me. Does anyone else have that wording for their fac air rifle?

Just give them a ring - I'm sure they will either sort it out for you or tell you that it's OK to go and buy a FAC air. Either way, they are the only people who can really help you. ;) .

Just give them a ring - I'm sure they will either sort it out for you or tell you that it's OK to go and buy a FAC air. Either way, they are the only people who can really help you. ;) .

It's a fair point. I struggled to get anyone to answer the phone today, and after 12.00pm they stop taking calls.

I called one of my local rfd's and he also thinks they've got rim fire and air mixed up, and he wouldn't sell me the air rifle as it stands.

I'll try again tomorrow...

Looks wrong to me as well mate. I think they have air rifle and rimfire mixed up. I presume your current .22RF is a bolt rather then a semi auto?

Think you may struggle to get the .22 fac air rifle cleared for deer though :)

:lol: ............ Perhaps I should get one of those ugly Chinese big calibre, high power air rifles, and try to get it cleared for deer! :hmm:

:lol: ............ Perhaps I should get one of those ugly Chinese big calibre, high power air rifles, and try to get it cleared for deer! :hmm:

Not sure it would produce the 1700 ft/lb's needed..... :hmm: So i'm told....

I can't knock the turnaround time of 10 days though! Although it was an "in-house" variation.

Just get a stirrup pump and give it a few extra strokes and you will be fine :lol:

Would it be possible to argue that 1700 ft/lbs could be achieved by hitting the deer with the rifle...or has this all got a little silly now? :lol:

Things can never get too silly! I've have to get a long barrel version, and may have to put a little lead in the butt stock, but it's worth a try!