hello,newbie info.

Nick47

Wishing to take up air rifle target shooting, my son and I are visiting our local club this week end where I hope to be informed of all the gun choices etc ,just posting for any ones thoughts on first gun web sites ...,cheers from sunny Stourbridge

Hiya nick,

Welcome to the site.

You come to the right place mate, the airgun section will be a good starting point, youll find everything that youll ever need to know there.

Ill ask lin to make your lad a pellet pouch and ill see if i can find anything that might be useful to him.

Hi Nick .... welcome to PW! :welcomeani:

You'll have a better idea about the types of airguns available after your visit, but for rifles there are two main choices - spring powered or air powered. Some airguns are powered by CO2, and that is frequently used for target pistols.

I don't know what type of club it is, but I'm sure that the members will be only too pleased to show you their rifles etc and if club rules allow it, you'll probably get a chance to actually fire a few of them. After that, you'll be on a very slippery downward slope towards bankruptcy! ;):yes::lol: