Anyone in central Scotland waiting on a SGC grant?

Morning all,

Hope everyone is well.

Im currently waiting on my SGC in central Scotland at the moment, and wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

I'm now at the 27 week mark, with the FEO visit completed around the 24th week.

I know the local forces are suffering lately due to cut backs (particularly Fettes, Edinburgh) but 6 months seems excessive compared to other experiences on here.

I know the licensing team are swamped right now so I'm not going to chase them and add to it.

Anyone else in the same position?

Thanks

I phoned about 2 weeks ago and got quite a ratty response which was pretty much along the lines of 'it's being processed, please wait patiently'.

I'm hoping it's a case of no news is good news, and it'll come soon. However I'm led to believe there's still applicants from August last year waiting...

I'm due a renewal next year and not exactly looking forward to the wait! The Scottish Police Force joining together and subsequent issues do not exactly seem to be making for quick turnarounds! I can only see it getting worse sadly :-( The old Central Police was very good to be fair. Good luck!!!

Jeez ,due my coterminous renewal in october ,think i will go in to fettes and ask how early i need to get my paperwork in :sad1:

johnnie

I would say now. I was told by my FEO that renewals were in the 2-3 month range and are being treated as priority over new grants. Maybe worth a visit sooner than later!

I would say now. I was told by my FEO that renewals were in the 2-3 month range and are being treated as priority over new grants. Maybe worth a visit sooner than later!

Fettes is about 5 mins from my house so will be in during the week to ask,

johnnie

Had to wait only a few weeks for a renewal at Pitt st, far too long at edinburgh join basc and get them to chase them up

I've tried chasing again and just get fobbed off. It must be a standard line they all say, reverting back to how busy they are. Ah well, more waiting!

Edited by Masterplan

I got mine last year (Pitt Street) 8 weeks from application to 2 x FAO visits (one initial meeting then a check of safe) then through letter box.... I thought it was fast and efficient.

You'll be at 29 weeks now thats not good at all I would not have been happy at that.....

Edited by Andra

Johnnie,

Have you managed to pop in yet?

I've still heard nothing and it's getting frustrating. All these summer gun shows and I can't do anything but window shop. Torture!

Went in today and was advised to fill in the renewal and return it now

johnnie