Hamilton slip stand amazing service

Mitchiet123

Hi all,

Just like to write a quick review of the Hamilton slipstand I bought about 7/8 months ago.

I got the 54" extra long deluxe leather model for shotguns and has been absolutely fantastic- gets loads of interest at the clay ground and saves my bad back from having to bend down and pick up my slip and gun all the time. yes it is a bit heavy however feel a bit tired and can just pop it down like a golf bag. Easy to break the gun before you take it out so could be considered safer than a conventional slip. also its very tough and could withstand being dropped or hit by a clay with no damage whatsoever!

Everything is sturdy about it and it stops the slip/gun from getting muddy in the winter months. The stitching has recently started to come off the top handle though, and even though I am told it is held in place by a rivet, it doesn't look very nice and only affects a few of the slips in leather, especially if you have the strap short as I do because I am a short ****! :D

Spoke with Greg direct from Hamilton and he agreed to send me a new one out exactly the same within a few days with no quibble, and said don't bother returning your current one so I don't have to worry about return postage!

Fantastic service from Greg and Hamilton and would highly recommend their slip stands with no hesitation!

Cheers,

Mitch

:good: .

great to hear that customer service is alive and well still with some manufacturers.

fancy selling the old one? lol :lol::ninja::whistling:

I would feel too guilty! lol Ill just use it as a back up or see if my rifle fits in it...

I've got 1 it's great gets used like a coat rack at clay shoots though

Yer I find its handy to hang my cartridge bag on!

I did make a suggestion that they make the pocket much bigger though and he said they are looking into it so fingers crossed would be much handier!

Edited by Mitchiet123

• 1 month later...

I must say that my experience of dealing with Greg and Hamilton has been fantastic. You could not ask for better customer service, you know that you can buy their product with the confidence that you will have their full support should you have any issues.

I purchased a deluxe model about 8 months ago, and it got used a lot. I had an issue with one of the legs breaking and called Greg from Hamilton.

I sent him a few photos and he dispatched a new slip stand FOC which was with me within two days. Like the OP he said do not bother sending the old one back.

As I have posted before I like my Hamilton Slip stand and would feel lost without it. Yes it is heavier than a conventional slip, but the pros far out way the cons in my opinion. One thing you can be certain of is that you will be dealing with a company that absolutely stand by their product.

It's a product developed by shooters for shooters.

I did give some serious thought to buying one, but opted for a classic leather Croots slip instead. No doubt at some point when I lay it down in the mud and weeds I will think I should have got the stand bag, but it was the bulkiness of the Hamilton that dissuaded me in the end.

Brilliant idea, but just a bit bulkier than my needs merit.

I did give some serious thought to buying one, but opted for a classic leather Croots slip instead. No doubt at some point when I lay it down in the mud and weeds I will think I should have got the stand bag, but it was the bulkiness of the Hamilton that dissuaded me in the end.

Very true. I would like a normal slim and lighter leather slip, but my bad back means that bending down all the time to pick it up/lay it down carefully is a nightmare!

It will look better with the patina of use. I hate new looking stuff.