insurance heads up

p-a-s

Im not sure if this will be allowed, but check your insurance policie if your insured with H******* direct you might not be covered for commuting to work.I was talking with a work mate this week his partner was seriously injured driving to work, the insurance company are refusing to pay up.

He must of picked the wrong policy option it should be worded 'used for social,domestic and pleasure ( including commuting to and from a perminent place of work) it's ver easy to just pick the social domestic and pleasure.Nearly did it myself,just read it before submitting.

Edited by Davyo

I see it so often at work now where people just don't check their policies and get a nasty shock when something happens or they get stopped. The internet age and email hasn't helped. Insurance companies are getting incredibly tight with what they cover and no one should assume anything with insurance policies these days.

I hope that she is making a good recovery, the last thing you need at a traumatic time are worries about your insurance.

Read your certificate. The biggest problem today is call centres as there are quite a few muppets employed and they use scripts and have very very little insurance training. As a former underwriter with 40yrs experience I've had some crazy conversations even with my old company. The important thing is when you get your policy documents check the certificate particularly as this shows your car reg, who can drive and what they can use the car for. This is what the police will have on their system when they stop you.