ff5 flapper

How long have people waited for a ff5 flapper. I sent for one early april; still as not come;are they worth the wait

I have just cancelled my order for one, originally ordered late March. Had several excuses for delayed delivery, but after 11 weeks enough is enough.

I have just cancelled my order for one, originally ordered late March. Had several excuses for delayed delivery, but after 11 weeks enough is enough.

Update, just had a mail from Flightline Decoys, my F55 is to be posted this Monday. Now all I have to do is find a big enough hole to hide in.

Edited by flyshooter

He really ought to go public and let everyone know what his problems are,we would then better understand his position and not rush to cancel orders in sheer frustration.The item is obviously worth waiting for,just tell us where we stand.

After communication with Flightline to day (have a FF5 ordered myself) I can understand the hold up. The guy has got a very good product and did not realize how well it would take off on sales, (had the same problem myself some 35 years ago with a different product). I know he has invested quite heavily in machinery, staff etc. to get on top of it. From what I have heard of the FF range from customers they are the bee's knees, and I think will lead to other ideas for other products in the future, when he has the production of the FF5 under complete control. I wish you well Flightline.

I've seen a few posts on Facebook about the hold up. He's definetly made mention of it. I know he has had to transfer workshops as well too. I've had to do it.......utter ball ache :lol:

Edited by mpk

Don't think he's ever got on top of orders, the ff5 coming out isn't the reason. Unbelievable waiting times in this day and age but I did and can't fault the product either, really well made. Needs to be manufactured on a much bigger scale of demands are to be met really....great position to be in as a business!!

Just received my FF5, well delivered and well packed. Am stuck at home to day, so in the garden I go. Only assembly was the ground spike (one knobbed screw to fix) what struck me straight off was the size and weight, or rather lack of, it is a very light machine really sturdily made. Placed a pigeon hyper-flapper on the machine and placed the two wing rods on the arms of the machine (from behind), and then on hyper' wing rods, through slits, half way along each respective wing, easy peasy. Now in all honesty, I did not expect too much realism without a real bird, was I wrong, the Hyper' flapped like a good un, and looked good from all angles, with settings for speed of flap and duration of flap, ideal for Crows as well. Do I think it was worth the wait, too right, am now busting to get out in the fields, if there are birds in the air I am confident the FF5 will entice them in, I'm even more confident my shooting buddy's will be wanting one to.

Just received my FF5, well delivered and well packed. Am stuck at home to day, so in the garden I go. Only assembly was the ground spike (one knobbed screw to fix) what struck me straight off was the size and weight, or rather lack of, it is a very light machine really sturdily made. Placed a pigeon hyper-flapper on the machine and placed the two wing rods on the arms of the machine (from behind), and then on hyper' wing rods, through slits, half way along each respective wing, easy peasy. Now in all honesty, I did not expect too much realism without a real bird, was I wrong, the Hyper' flapped like a good un, and looked good from all angles, with settings for speed of flap and duration of flap, ideal for Crows as well. Do I think it was worth the wait, too right, am now busting to get out in the fields, if there are birds in the air I am confident the FF5 will entice them in, I'm even more confident my shooting buddy's will be wanting one to.

good to hear you are happy with the ff5, waiting waiting, still waiting

I ordered one of the previous models (FF4 I think) not direct but through a gunshop (same price as direct) and got it 4 days later.

Not sure whether gunshops therefore get preferential treatment and the only difference between the FF4 and FF5 I think, is the tail holding feature which I have adapted anyway.

If I remember correctly, the FF4 also has a maximum motor speed of 300 rpm, whereas the new FF5 has a maximum motor speed of 400 rpm.

I will be ordering an FF5 as soon as I've saved some pennies again LOL (dentist £1200.00 in last two months, 4x4 £400.00 to get through MOT, vets bills for the dogs etc etc etc ) :(

I think you will still have to be in an area where the pigeons want to be. I don't imagine these flappers will be some magical attractant where other decoys won't work.

• 2 weeks later...

Took mine out for the first time last night. Only out for one hour but it's the best hour I've managed on crows on my permission ever. Set it up with the crow Hypa-flap and two full bodied decoys, didn't have a hide, just tried to conceal myself in some trees.

After about 15 minutes the first one came in, one shot and he was down. A quick substitution and he was set up on the flapper. Another 15 minutes later, two come over the top of some pine trees directly in front of me. I was sure they would see me and keep well out of range but they just seemed hypnotised by this flapper and came straight in. I stayed totally still and waited till the last second to mount the gun. Three shots this time and they were both down, glad I took the semi-auto with me. I went out to pick up the dead and loaded my last two cartridges in the gun. As I walked back to my spot I noticed a crow sitting in the wind but a goof 50ft high. Normally I wouldn't even think about taking a shot at that distance but after recently pattern testing my cartridges with my new choke I went for it. I think I probably hit it with my first shot as it started to drop instantly but gave it the second shot which definitely hit it. It seemed to take forever for it to hit the ground but I was happy as that was the best shot I've ever made. By this time it was about 2130 and nothing else was moving. Packed up at 2200 and headed home.