What a *** :/

WinchesterDave

Last night I tried pulling someone out of the sand, but unfortunately the little jimny this time just wasn't strong enough to do it because the bloke was so stuck. Some nice lad's in a modded Toyota did (was chatting to them for about 4o mins afterwards).

Anyway I undid my tow rope and drove out the way to let this Toyota get ready, I got out my car and there was a discovery 3 that had come up from the far side of the beach not to help but simply to watch.... as I walked over to the side of the stuck car these two guys were just laughing at me in a horrible way because the jimny didn't manage the pull... made me feel pretty **** but I just looked at them and said, "at least I tried pal" they then drove off and blew a kiss at my girlfriend. Some people are genuinely horrible :/

Anyway I got thesee two lads from the Toyota on Facebook now and we were talking about maybe organising an off road day up in Wigan pay and play or maybe some lanes in wales; so on the flip side others are really nice, genuine people.

Anyway that's my latest 'beach patrol' (shall we call it) story haha.

Wd

I don't know why you felt bad - you tried - the Disco occupants are just idiots.

fair enough mate :)

Don't be embarrassed for being a better human being. Your instinct was to help, theirs was to mock. I'm sure karma will catch up with them soon enough... Let's hope they never run into any bother as I'm sure the list of potential help will be narrowing daily ;)

cheers pal, it was because they laughed just made me feel a bit that way really..:/ but I hope it does

The disco owners probably wouldn't have a clue how to do a recovery and didn't have a suitable tow rope for recovery anyway if they were that numptyish.

Well done you for at least trying.

hrmmm most likely, there idea of a 4x4 is to go reallllllly fast over the sand... says it all..

Thank you though :)

the disco wouldn't have pulled them out, it would have just got stuck :lol::yes::lol:

haha probably :P!!

the disco wouldn't have pulled them out, it would have just got stuck :lol::yes::lol:

Or broke down before it got there !

Dont pander to them, what goes around comes around.

I took 4 years of stick from the bother and farther-in-laws until I towed two of the Brother in laws defenders ! :good:

Humble pie was served and we even got a sorry card / thank you card and not a word has been uttered since !

I get leg pulling from neigbours etc about driving Barbie and Ken` car when they are in there RWD BMW`s etc.............Untill the snow comes and there asking for a tow or a lift because they are stuck and cant get off the drive or estate ! :yahoo:

At least the driver of your Jimnys girlfriend looks good, I bet the disco drivers girlfriend in the passenger seat looked like a bloke !

Well I always shunned the Jimny till I had the opertunity too take one off road,I now own one with a 2inch lift.Fair do,it may drive live a jelly on wheel on the Tarmac but put it in its proper environment and it's amazing.Totaly understand why owners love them and with the rear seats ripped out there is ample space for decoying.and now I can't help myself modding it.

post-30855-0-27067800-1434380583_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-12917500-1434380607_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-93709500-1434380680_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davyo

Or broke down before it got there !

Dont pander to them, what goes around comes around.

I took 4 years of stick from the bother and farther-in-laws until I towed two of the Brother in laws defenders ! :good:

Humble pie was served and we even got a sorry card / thank you card and not a word has been uttered since !

I get leg pulling from neigbours etc about driving Barbie and Ken` car when they are in there RWD BMW`s etc.............Untill the snow comes and there asking for a tow or a lift because they are stuck and cant get off the drive or estate ! :yahoo:

At least the driver of your Jimnys girlfriend looks good, I bet the disco drivers girlfriend in the passenger seat looked like a bloke !

Lol that's what these two nice lads where saying haha!

They're good little cars the jimnys it just didn't have the power for this pull because it was stuck that badly.

Cheers all for the kind, uplifting comments :)

Atb Dave

yep i know what you mean many years age we had an old land rover safari we were on a beach camping an old chap got his car stuck up to the sills a posh bloke came along in one of the first range rovers {{ bloody hell is it that long ago }}as we were putting the rope on he said ill pull it out this thing will pull a tank

well after him getting stuck as well he sent his lady friend over to ask for help well after a bit of micky taking we pulled him out he took the rope off jump in the range rover and drove off leaving his good lady with us any way we pulled the old cap out and we all got ****** he came back for her about 3hrs later one hell of a row and away they went she was a good looker as well

Without meaning to be cheeky, But have u ever managed to pull out a decent sized motor like that before???

Not slating Jimny's (i've owned 3 myself and family has owned a loads more right back to the old SJ410/413's, for years me, dad and brother all ran jiimny's) but towing/pulling was never there strong point, u would be pulling a weight probably more than twice the jimny's on soft ground. would imagine it would just sit and spin

Obviously will depend how well its stuck but i've seen tractors and 8 wheeler class 2 wagons struggle to pull me out when stuck and thats just parking at side of roads and not that well stuck really (when i had navara/l200) most of those pick ups are 2T+ nowadays

Wouldnae worry about the numpties in Disco, if anyones stupid enough to play on a beach with no decent tow rope/winch/ground anchor set up it's only a matter of time before they get caught out and it learns to swim

Horses for courses. Not man enough for the job, but you tried. Seen it before. Had a laugh and taken over or tagged on in front. But the laugh is with them but not at them. Sometimes it only needs just that extra bit of traction to extricate the stuck vehicle.

I've needed to be towed before now -quite a few times over the years - so nothing to worry about, but never do we laugh at someone who has tried - more like a laugh at the bloke that is stuck at times - all four wheels off the road and no grip from road tyres or no idea in snow.

Not much point carrying a tow rope if you are not prepared to use it! So good of you to try. Once spent thee days towing at Carrington rally. Good fun, but even then needed some extra traction at times. About the only vehicles that coped on their own for all tows that weekend were the big crawlers. The disco driver likely dare not get his tyres dirty, let alone get on his knees to hook up a tow rope!

Sand can be a wierd surface to drive on , have not done much UK sand driving but have drive on sand in Oman, Jordan etc and it can literally stop you in your tracks. DB has had my Disco stuck twice in mud but I've always got it out using Mud Tyres.

Well done Whinchester Dave for at least being the Good Samaritan .

Where is this beach?

Well done for trying mate, there unfortunately will always be bullys... :(

Ainsdale near Southport pal, thanks man unfortunately that's very true :/

Without meaning to be cheeky, But have u ever managed to pull out a decent sized motor like that before???

Not slating Jimny's (i've owned 3 myself and family has owned a loads more right back to the old SJ410/413's, for years me, dad and brother all ran jiimny's) but towing/pulling was never there strong point, u would be pulling a weight probably more than twice the jimny's on soft ground. would imagine it would just sit and spin

Obviously will depend how well its stuck but i've seen tractors and 8 wheeler class 2 wagons struggle to pull me out when stuck and thats just parking at side of roads and not that well stuck really (when i had navara/l200) most of those pick ups are 2T+ nowadays

Wouldnae worry about the numpties in Disco, if anyones stupid enough to play on a beach with no decent tow rope/winch/ground anchor set up it's only a matter of time before they get caught out and it learns to swim

Not at all, I have pulled people out before yes and a similarly sized astra, but as you say jimnys don't have the muscle to do it sometimes and in this case the focus was well and truly stuck, completely bottomed out.

But a learning experience for me and my car :)

Sand can be a wierd surface to drive on , have not done much UK sand driving but have drive on sand in Oman, Jordan etc and it can literally stop you in your tracks. DB has had my Disco stuck twice in mud but I've always got it out using Mud Tyres.

Well done Whinchester Dave for at least being the Good Samaritan .

That sounds an interesting experience :) but thank you PC 👍