What a *** :/

WinchesterDave

I had similar experience on black Rock beach near Porthmadog last year.

My mate was using his Mercedes estate car to launch his boat and got stuck in the sand quite deeply. Anyway I was in my fourtrak so went over to tow him out. As I was getting out the ropes from the boot the guys launching a boat next to us with navara shouts across, "there's no way that little thing will that out" as they were laughing.

I take it although fourtraks look small they don't know what's under the bonnet. I pulled mates Merc out of sand and took him to firmer ground. Only to look back at navara to see them waving. Turns out he accelerated to hard, his tyre's dug down and he threw a propshaft out.

Was tempted to leave them to the fate of the tide, but my trusty little fourtrak pulled his navara a boat and trailer up the beach.

So you don't have to have a great big 4x4 to get the job done.

Are fourtracks not 2.8 turbo's thou, they're also bloody heavy too, won't be massive ammount of wieght difference between a fourtrak and a pick up for weight or power, think fourtak could tow 3 or 3.5T too, know i've towed some decent loaded trailerrs with them in past.

Mind my mates from a farm used to have a brand new at the time fancy fourtrak that was insured for anyone ot drive when we were 17, it took some abuse, used to drive out to the farm fill it with people and the drive into town on the bevy and u had a sober driver to drive it back

I always stroke Land Rover owners egos by telling them I'm usually at the back of the line following behind them in my shogun just before announcing "well someone has to pick up all the bits that fall off of your cars " , in fact the owner of Ronnie sunshines got rather upset when I made that comment to him on Facebook!

Guest rimotu66

Well done WD for having a go and been a decent human being. :good: Haters will also hate but usually have very sad life's.

Edited by rimotu66

I remember a bumper sticker that my old man had when we were kids which said "my car may be old but it's in front of you and it's paid for" (we didn't have much money) quite a few of my friends have suzi's that they off road with and the weight makes them every bit as capable as the big V8 bobtail rangeies and in some cases better