EJ Churchill late night shoot

dbob

I've never been but I think if your not a member there you have to be caddied. It might come at extra cost for the caddy and you might have to pay "corkage" for using your own shells. I'd call them if I were you to check on it.

Okay i'd better give them a call. this corkage business sounds worrying!

I read on a clay forum a group of guys had to take a caddy, they all got charged the caddy price for the hour (not split 4 ways but 4 times the cost) and got charged for using their own shells.

it's sounding less appealing by the minute!

Stands were all manned when I went on a Thursday. No need to book, turn up, pay, walk and shoot around one of the best shoots in the country.

I only shoot there on the late evenings, Wednesday and Thursday or when they have a registered shoot on, too expensive for me otherwise.

Not a problem using your own cartridges as long as they are fibre, can only shoot plastic at the comps.

Edited by nick_c

We have been shooting them since they started. Tend to wait for the 100 evenings but did the 50 last month, in the pouring rain, we were about the only people to turn up so they gave us an extra stand FOC.

It isn't caddied, there is no corkage, and all stands are manned.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, apart from this of course ;-)

As Dunkield said... No corkage, the stands are manned with knowledgable and helpfull trappers.

So it's good value on a Wednesday or Thursday evening and a great opportunity to shoot at one of the best grounds in the country without being a member. I shoot all of their registered comps and sometimes on a Thursday evening and I am not a member. Wednesday evenings is Skeet and Thursday evenings is sporting practice at £17.00 for 50 birds if you are a member it's £14.50 for 50 birds. Skeet on a Wednesday night is £6.00 for non members but I'm not sure what this goes down to for members.

The ground where you have to pay corkage etc is the Royal Berkshire in Reading.

I read on a clay forum a group of guys had to take a caddy, they all got charged the caddy price for the hour (not split 4 ways but 4 times the cost) and got charged for using their own shells.

I read the same on the forum, that's not EJC though. I would say it was either Royal Berks or Bisley.

I'm a member there and you definitely don't get charged corkage for using your own cartridges.