FEO visit on 25th

Evening all. I have applied for my first sgc and have my meeting on the 25th. I have declared on the application that I have NOCTURNAL epilepsy and upon speaking with the feo he said he has spoken with his manager and they are fine with this as I still hold a full driving licence(DVLA aware) and the feo has read up on it said there shouldn't be any problems. At the end if the phone call he said to make sure the kettle is on when he comes (is this a good sign) and as there happy with my condition ate they still likely to ask for a medical report. Mtia

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made it clear to them that I don't have seizures like you would a normal epileptic and I'm not on any medication. I just wake up with a throbbing head but had nothing now for about 3 years and only renewed my driving licence at the end of may with no problems. So not sure if they'll still get a doctor's report or not.

Like as others have said you will be fine. The feo's do seam to thrive on biscuits and tea. Its just a chat really they go through ur application with you, bit of a chat about urself and shooting inspect ur cabinet and thats it. They will prob give you an unofficial nod at the end

I wouldn't worry about his advice not to buy a cabinet as yet. It is easy to read into things and imagine the worst, but it really is a very straightforward and simple process.

It may well be that he has experience of people installing the cabinets in poor locations so his standard approach is to wait until he visits so he can give you the benefit of his wisdom, etc.

Sounds like he is a relaxed easy to talk to bloke,just be yourself, that is what he will be judging,and as others have said chocolate hobnobs are the way to go,or be controversial and offer him a Garibaldi stating they are the king of biscuits :yes:

Don't worry :good:

I'm only wanting an SG for clay pigeon. So will that be acceptable or will I need to tell him different

No, that is all you need to say. According to the law you don't need good reason to have a shotgun cert' so in theory saying "I just want one" is enough to grant you a cert' so long as you are not considered a risk for any other reason. As you do have a good and genuine reason then you should mention that, no point in making things any harder or more complicated than they need to be.

Although not essential it would do no harm if you are aware of the various clay grounds in your area so you can talk knowledgeably about where you might go, what times they are open, etc it just shows that you have a genuine interest. If you have been before as part of an experience day or clay bashing with mates that is good to mention too.

It really is all straightforward and nothing to stress over :)

Sounds like he is a relaxed easy to talk to bloke,just be yourself, that is what he will be judging,and as others have said chocolate hobnobs are the way to go,or be controversial and offer him a Garibaldi stating they are the king of biscuits :yes:

Don't worry :good:

Garibaldi's(dead fly biscuits) a sure fire way of getting refused. Don't do it go with the hobnobs(chocolate even better)

Edited by stewartward