Is it best to remove them ?

30-6

On two occasions recently i've shot 2 rats each time having seen 4 each time, so there are more there. If you can picture this, a large dog kennel seperated into two compartments with an old sheepdog in one side. There are two railway sleepers at the front about 3 inches apart which is a rat run, on both occasions i've been there, shot first rat fell on open ground and more came out, and on both occasions shot second rat which fell into run and no more rats show.

When i've watched you tube videos rats crawl over dead rats. Do you think it would be better to pick up the rat if it falls into the run ?

I always remove with a litter picker upper before leaving, and I usually leave them there during shooting, but in this location if they fall on open ground I see activity, but if one falls into that 3 inch run between the sleepers all activity stops.

I always remove with a litter picker upper before leaving, and I usually leave them there during shooting, but in this location if they fall on open ground I see activity, but if one falls into that 3 inch run between the sleepers all activity stops.

Does the dead rat block their route by being in the gap?