South Yorkshire Clay Shoot

James1983

Noticed quiet a few people on PW are in South Yorkshire area so wondered if anyone would be interested in having a PW meet at one of the clay grounds having a bit of a laugh together and try to smash a few clays.

People from anywhere are welcome not just limited to South Yorkshire but maybe something we could set up on a regular basis just to get together have a laugh and people might learn something from each other along the way (pretty sure i will)

Not sure of a venue or date yet they are open to suggestions but just floating the idea for now.

Yeah that sounds like a good plan to me to DM.

At the minute that's 4 of us

Well we`ll need a few more if we want the ground to ourselves. But if we can`t get enough to make it viable there are plenty of other options. Whitewater is a bit further afield but as it`s just off the A1 it makes it easily accessible. Another option would be The Boar. I`m sure there are other grounds we could consider too.

dm is it you who does the traps at sycamore

No it`s my mate Bruce who does all the setting up. I help out a bit on Wednesday nights, a little bit of setting up, loading clays, but mostly just scoring the DTL. I don`t do it for pay as such, it just gets me a bit of free shooting. But I`m fairly sure if I asked Mike and Bruce if we could use the ground it wouldn`t be a problem, as long as the numbers were big enough to make it worthwhile for their time and effort. Standard price for their 50 bird sporting is £10 and I reckon I could get DTL on for £5 a round. If everyone signed up for a round of each we wouldn`t need huge numbers to turn up to get it off the ground.

I`ll see Bruce tomorrow and mention it to him. He can have a chat with Mike and then I can get back to everyone with a minimum number we`d need. It depends if we want to keep it to just PW members. I dare say a few of my shooting crowd would come along if I asked them, and I`m sure other members could bring along a friend or two to boost the numbers.

Hi guys, I'm from sheffield and would like to get to know you all. I don't get round the clay grounds too often as I'm normally out in the hide on the pigeons whenever the missus lets me out for the day! So please keep me in mind when you get something arranged.

I'm sorry to hear about your heart attack Chris I hope your on the mend.

Trowel 7 started a new thread with all the full details and to start a list of who coming. If you add your name to the list and if you are bringing anyone along with you.

Not sure on postcode but sure DangerMouse will be able to confirm it shortly.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/314885-sycamore-saturday-25th-july/