Working Tests

Dirty Harry

Must admit i dinae bother now, althou hosting a spaniel test on my shoot this sun thou.

Will depend if running proper KC club rules, but the judges are there to help and give advice as well as judge. Just enjoy it and dinae take it too serious, sometimes new dogs dinae perform well the 1st time (too much excitement etc) so dinae worry too much wot ever happens.

I ran my 15 month old cocker at Brocklesby in her and my working test last weekend, after a difficult warm up on the scurry beforehand (Jdog will attest to this :) ) She got 17/20 test 1 18/20 test 2 and 10/20 test 3, she needed extra encouragement entering the lake as had a 3 foot drop into the water so I had to move forward hence the score, she made first retrieve fine but failed to mark the second so had to handle her back wind to it but she got it no problem after a minute. I was more nervous than the dog but she was fantastic and I'm well happy at 45/60 for first time! I was given some sound helpful advice by all judges and really enjoyed it.

Edited by Jame

Well done. Like the others said I found it a very friendly day and it was quite laid back.

I ended up getting first place with 96/100!

Better than I ever expected for a first attempt, or second or third for that matter.

But a testament to good training, well done!