New build punt

Old farrier

Hi

Just a little project iv been working on that I thought one or two of you may enjoy

Ordered a bit of timber in January delivered on a wet day so had to dry it indoors for a month anyway started setting it out in February

32B127A6-7D53-4099-83A0-4B5C0D08A2B7_zps

Rebated the edges of the planks and fixed them together

6F7966E3-C796-4410-8106-8D8F2A404E31_zps

Then the tricky bit transfer the plans to the big plank and fix a Batton the right shape mark it and cut the shape of the punt

4C3B5552-BADB-4F29-8722-989757377775_zps

It then has to be set up for side to side curve and a curve from stem to stern

Bit of maths 😥

Anyway that's the start of it

Please note I'm NOT a boat builder 😊

All the best

Of

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to cut the frames I'm using marine ply for these as its more than adequate for my needs

EC9DF1BD-E4CA-4B48-866C-F75EB4B13BCA_zps

Found it easier to cut the frames solid and fit them cutting the centre out later also there a bit over size as its easier to take of not put on

1A29D5C7-90F0-4F17-8CEF-131F879466A9_zps

Fitted and cut out

You then take them all out fit the strips to the floor cut out to fit over the strips and fit them again this time gluing them and screwing them in place

39708CAF-86E9-4C66-8F77-BA5258CCE90E_zps

When there solid the notches for the gunnel are cut out

Its May by this time 😊

Edited by Old farrier

Really enjoying watching these projects progress.......can you speed it up a bit though OF I hate the waitin for the next instalment! Lol

Seriously.....there are some very talented people on PW, I know cos I ain't completely ham fisted myself, but some of the standards I've seen achieved on here are beyond me.........and very impressive!

What is the timber OF?

P1

Really enjoying watching these projects progress.......can you speed it up a bit though OF I hate the waitin for the next instalment! Lol

Seriously.....there are some very talented people on PW, I know cos I ain't completely ham fisted myself, but some of the standards I've seen achieved on here are beyond me.........and very impressive!

What is the timber OF?

P1

Hi

Timber is yellow pine imported from the Appalachian mountains

Sorry it takes me a long time to do the posts but I'm not much on the tecno stuff posting the pictures takes time

Your going to have to be a bit patient as there's no chance of this being finished until August at the soonest

All the best

Of

Another excellent thread , well worth me giving up a bit of pigeon shooting or dog training time up to follow progress on what will be a craft many people would love own or have the skill to make one them selves , lovely job O F , and you are making it looking easy , a sign of a true craftsman. :good:

Are you basing it on any particular area ? as different areas up and down the country have slightly different designs .

Another excellent thread , well worth me giving up a bit of pigeon shooting or dog training time up to follow progress on what will be a craft many people would love own or have the skill to make one them selves , lovely job O F , and you are making it looking easy , a sign of a true craftsman. :good:

Are you basing it on any particular area ? as different areas up and down the country have slightly different designs .

Thank you

Just building something that's pleasing to the eye and fits my guns

Well aware there are many designs area specific but realistically its more for fun than shooting a few ducks

More the stalk and getting me out on the marsh as I'm not so good at wallowing through the mud now

How's your pup doing ?

All the best

Of

All looking good OF.

The family tradition of smuggling almost has a new vessels, can I put my order in for some bottles of port :ninja::lol:

Keep up the good work :good:

Order taken 😂😂

Although I had your name down as crew

Sadly nowadays

Elf & safety prohibits you having a cutless 😥

Aaaarrrrr

All the best

Of

Sorry chaps Sabs had a depraved childhood and never got the chance to play pirates 😗😂😂

Order taken 😂😂

I was expecting this, when do we launch Captain?

Sadly nowadays

I'll bring me pee shooter :ninja:

Aaaarrrrr

All the best

Of

Sorry chaps Sabs had a depraved childhood and never got the chance to play pirates 😗😂😂

Your not wrong, I was sweeping chimneys until I found the pie shop

Order taken 😂😂

I was expecting this, when do we launch Captain?

Sadly nowadays

I'll bring me pee shooter :ninja:

Aaaarrrrr

All the best

Of

Your not wrong, I was sweeping chimneys until I found the pie shop

Forgot to add my poker to my weaponary, Arrrr