New build punt

Old farrier

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hat off to you sir , a fine project and a fine vessel . :good:

Thank you for your kind words

Credit realy to the lads they worked hard overcame many fears and obsticals so to them I doff my cap 😋

Only momentarily though 😉

there swabbing the decks tomorrow and greasing the gun for next weekend ( weather permitting )

All the best

Of

Fitted the mast

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=62610110f7d959ebac4e0f4f68c0d259&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=314719&p=2959366&md5check=c0cbaed4eb9644314729c8166ee4f21d&isRte=1,B6nXayd9mu,true,false,NKuulTLitAA');//]]></script> 900509DD-EC3C-43FC-8951-B7E47F7DFB1E_zps&&0

Waiting on the sails

love it interesting rig, is the sail a loose footed gaff rig or gunter ? , looks like she should sail well in calm water, wot your not making your own sail ? :)

love it interesting rig, is the sail a loose footed gaff rig or gunter ? , looks like she should sail well in calm water, wot your not making your own sail ? :)

Loose footed gaff there is another pulls furter up the mast (threaded wrong one ) may alter it a bit though

Cutting down a mainsail of a folk boat at the moment just working on it 😋

Loose footed gaff there is another pulls furter up the mast (threaded wrong one ) may alter it a bit though

Cutting down a mainsail of a folk boat at the moment just working on it

Ive got some cream sail cloth some books and some needles if you want it, :) with the second pully do you intend to reef by dropping the mast ?

Ive got some cream sail cloth some books and some needles if you want it, :) with the second pully do you intend to reef by dropping the mast ?

Not realy put to in as thought top of mast may put too much sail on to hold but didn't want the mast any shorter as it doubles as a support for the cover / tent for when we camp overnight I don't think we will ever put up much sail and then proberably only sail downwind the flat bottom and using a paddle as a keel limits its sailing ability

Thanks for the offer of the cloth and book however I do have a client with access to all the equipment local

So that's sorted

All the best

Of

I like the way you`ve mounted the sculling crutch on the side deck.

Completely novel and looks very strong. If you have`nt patented the idea, and with your permission, I might well copy it.

Glad you like it we will see how it performs I may need a larger rollick or thinner oar to get the best from it a bit of fine tuning may be needed

World wide patent applied for 😂

What length oars are you using?

A longer oar means you can keep the sculling arm lower.

Shall we firm up on a date when the wind stops blowing?

Pick a tide and day that suites then I can blame the wind on you proberably best for a weekend date 😋

Oar is about 7 foot

I think it's a personal thing depends a lot on your build and arm strength I doubt 2 people would be happy with the same length or position so a bit of tweaking may be nessesary

All the best

Of

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your kind words

Credit realy to the lads they worked hard overcame many fears and obsticals so to them I doff my cap

Only momentarily though

there swabbing the decks tomorrow and greasing the gun for next weekend ( weather permitting )

All the best

Of

Waiting for an update :whistling:

• 1 month later...

Pick a tide and day that suites then I can blame the wind on you proberably best for a weekend date

Oar is about 7 foot

I think it's a personal thing depends a lot on your build and arm strength I doubt 2 people would be happy with the same length or position so a bit of tweaking may be nessesary

All the best

Of

Hi Nigel.

she looks fantastic well done on such a traditional skillful build,will you be getting the gun on her next season?

all the best...ian

Hi Nigel.

she looks fantastic well done on such a traditional skillful build,will you be getting the gun on her next season?

all the best...ian

If the weather was a bit kinder we will be out with the gun in the Easter holiday for some pattern testing doesn't look very good 😠😟

I have acsess to a large pond so we won't disturb any one / thing