Tefal Acti-fry

Scully

Anybody have one? If so can you get crispy chips from it? I've used olive oil on homemade chips, sunflower oil with the same and now sunflower oil with frozen chips. Results are the same, carp soggy but burnt round the edges chips. Am I doing something wrong?

Anybody have one? If so can you get crispy chips from it? I've used olive oil on homemade chips, sunflower oil with the same and now sunflower oil with frozen chips. Results are the same, carp soggy but burnt round the edges chips. Am I doing something wrong?

. Am I doing something wrong?.

Yes, you shouldn't have bought one In the first place. If you like chips deep fry them."Simples".

I get the best results when the chips are soaked in slightly salted water for at least 1/2 an hour before cooking and properly dried off

Yeah we wash chips of starch then completly dry off first. Opening actifry every 5 min to let moisture out.

We parboil ours then freeze before cooking.

Well worth knowing, thank you all.

We bought my daughter one a year or so back, and she swears by it. If using oven chips, she adds no oil, if using potatoes, she cuts the chips, washes them to remove excess starch, into the contraption with the measured amount of oil, 30 minutes later perfect chips, crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside. No danger from spilled oil from a deep-fat-frier, house doesn't stink like a chippy.

Mike.