baiting fox

dave kelly

I have been b aiting a fox for the last three days tying a rabbit with line to the battery of a clock.the first day the clock stoped at ten to six;the second day ten past eight i.thought get there at five should be ok.today it stoped at ten past two.all the times are am ; so do not know what time to get there as I cant stay up all night

went back at four this morning rabbit as gone;clock stoped at six but that could have been me as that's the time I set it last night.Saw a fox at five twenty but at the other end of the field;and did not present a shot.I will keep on trying.

Persistence is the key , you'll get him :)

Took me nearly 3 weeks to get my last one but got him in the end

:good: In my experience after this many takes the fox has got the idea and will turn up regularly at a very similar time.

You seem to be getting a wide spread, certainly that is not impossible but I find it a little odd. Perhaps there is more than one on the go, maybe even a cat of badger, whatever.

May I suggest you turn up early, take a flask, and get prepared for a wait!

ATB! :good:

Edit

Just seen the Trail Cam bit above, that should help! :yes:

Edited by Dekers

Baited up last night at ten stayed there till six this morning not a thing taken;yet the rabbits have gone every other night. I must be doing something wrong;left the camera on just in case

Sound or smell possibly giving you away if he's visiting regular like that then a know show ....

Or he just had a night in lol

The bait as been going at different times the last few nights.then he does not come for a day or two;as nothing shows on the camera.Last night he came at four to four thirty as there ten photos on the camera.he is now leaving the rabbit bait and just taken the mix of dog food and sardines.I will have him but when.;;;