New fowling piece

muncher

Yesterday afternoon as I was waiting for my wife to finish work as we had tickets to see Kylie gig around, I had a look on the computer ,quick search on gun trader and I spotted a nice looking Browning gold for sale .I Had no intention of having a Ten again but it looked in very good nick .so just before I went to Newmarket sent the man a text, after several texts I had made a deal to meet up the next day. Today met the man and had a look only to find it hadn't been cleaned and what appeared to be rust in the chamber. other than that I could see the original packing grease on the workings . I explained I was unsure if to have it or not but we came to a deal (under £600).I Got the gun home and stripped it down, out came a bronze brush and it came up like new .So all I need to do know is get some loading gear for the 10 again.WP_20150620_005.jpg

Nice gun muncher...... I pity the poor ole Pinks round the Lynn area this year , and make sure you don't leave it laying about as it will take a fair bit of finding . Good luck finding some loading gear .

P S .......Big Mat from your way might have some 10 bore shells , as he was talking about selling his 10 bore .

Yesterday afternoon as I was waiting for my wife to finish work as we had tickets to see Kylie gig around, I had a look on the computer ,quick search on gun trader and I spotted a nice looking Browning gold for sale .I Had no intention of having a Ten again but it looked in very good nick .so just before I went to Newmarket sent the man a text, after several texts I had made a deal to meet up the next day. Today met the man and had a look only to find it hadn't been cleaned and what appeared to be rust in the chamber. other than that I could see the original packing grease on the workings . I explained I was unsure if to have it or not but we came to a deal (under £600).I Got the gun home and stripped it down, out came a bronze brush and it came up like new .So all I need to do know is get some loading gear for the 10 again.<script pagespeed_no_defer="" type="text/javascript">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=f7d27240d24b410989bbd9c2d881d46c&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=314848&p=2849348&md5check=99662395f2ecbb1f9c93e86fed3ef8e8&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,kTC6UJjL3RY');//]]></script> WP_20150620_005.jpg&&0

I thought you were abroad ! , I almost phoned you this afternoon to join me .

Gun looks nice , lets hope you have more luck with it than you have your others recently , no doubt I will now have to blinking suffer you and motty sitting each side of me and wiping my eye on the geese :lol:

Congrats on the dog. The one we spoke of?

In the club, loaded some nice 47 gn 1.5oz BBB's for the pinks this season for the wash and got myself a dog. Can't wait.

Not looking forward to have 3 shots consecutively with it though....lol

Edited by Penelope

In the club, loaded some nice 47 gn 1.5oz BBB's for the pinks this season for the wash and got myself a dog. Can't wait.

Not looking forward to have 3 shots consecutively with it though....lol

I doubt you'll even feel it!

The recoil force of a ten is less than a super mag 12 based on the same gun. It out patterns the 12 and despite manufacturers claims ( I refer to Remington Nitro ) hits a lot harder at 50 yards. I shot two targets both placed at 50 yards cut from the same sheet of ply and although the 12 was claimed as marginally faster the ten shot clean through were the 12 mainly made dents. Patterns were night and day in favour of the ten to boot (perhaps its just too many pellets to push down a 12?). In fact I am totally coming away from super mag 12 preferring the 3" shell.

You will do well I am sure and what a good buy :good:

Congrats on the dog. The one we spoke of?

No, this one is from Devon, 13 months old and part trained. Had him 2 weeks now and the breeder didn't really work round water but got him retrieving from water now. Steady to thrown dummies, some slip ups and used to the dummy launcher. Just need to get him retrieving game now..... He is going to have to be ready for September.

I doubt you'll even feel it!

Pattern tested it and it certainly kicked. On the marsh under the birds and the excitement I probably won't.

Can't wait!

You learn something new everyday as I didn't know Tim was Essex hunter.

It was the spinning cocker that gave it away.