first posting on pw

lucyplum

well at long last i,v something to share with you all ! for the last couple of weeks i,v been walking the dog around a very patchy field of rape, it has big bare patches and only stands knee high. the pigeon numbers have built up over the weeks and as i walked them off the bare patches they dropped back down behind me, friday this week i managed to to finish work around lunch time and was in my natural hide {a ditch with nettles growing up in front of me and a canopy of a big oak tree above me} by just before three o,clock. the birds were still there in numbers but did,nt seem interested in my small pattern in the bare patches, a dead bird on a flapper, and one on a bouncer. over the next couple of hours the birds seemed as interested in the tree that i was stood under as my decoys and i managed to kill about twenty pigeons, come five o,clock the birds seem to switch off and it took me two more hours to build the bag to just over thirty. i packed up hungry and ready for some grub but very happy, i hope for another session at them later, cheers plum !