An understanding wife

fruity

Hi all

I have been out every night this week with the rifles and also through the day Thursday and Friday, so thought better stay in tonight(Saturday) as I've had a few sarcastic comments :)

Around 8ish the farmer rang, just to let you know I have cut the three largest fields so may come up trumps for you tonight.

The wife overheard the conversation and by her face i assumed it would be no !! ..

She said one more night isn't going to hurt so with that the truck was loaded and was on my way.

After 3hours I was more than happy with my nights work :)

I took the pics separate as its a fair old walk carrying rabbits so put everything by the gates and collect with the truck at the end

I have been told Sunday night I must stay in lol

Thanks for looking :)

post-48582-0-63947000-1434844263_thumb.jpg

post-48582-0-80779400-1434844273_thumb.jpg

post-48582-0-15350800-1434844314_thumb.jpg

You have had a excellent week :good:

Yes I have :)

Just going through my permission

notebook where I log everything..

Monday eve 13 rabbits + 9 rats

Tuesday eve 7 rabbits + 5 rats

Wednesday eve 4 rabbits + 2 Fox's

Thursday day 19 pigeon(11 rats evening)

Friday A lovely buck. 11 rabbits eve.

Sat 56 covids+2 pigeons.Pics above for evening bag :)

Sunday Clays and a nice meal for the wife tonight

Back to work tomorrow :(

Edited by fruity

i have one of those! took her shooting for the first time ever with my 12g last week and as i have a bad back i was having a gripe about the weight of it etc. We went into the shop afterwards and i was eying up a nice little browning medalist 20g that was second hand for £700 and she looked at me and smiled and said "buy it" :good: , added to which she just cooked me a cracking fathers day roast lamb dinner with a steamed treacle sponge pud for afters! top Bird :good:

Nice one fruity,see you still using the LCD viewfinder makes a hell of a difference stops your face lighting up.Just sold my Photon XT ( not a patch on my old home build)so going back to the home build.

It's brilliant davyo , unless it's top end kit there's no comparison ...

I set a photon xt up on my .222 what a friend was selling to try it , took it off after one night and put my home build on there :)

Thing with the Photons is its not a finished kit,why on earth should you have to buy a unit and then buy a doubler for another £90. Why don't they just sell it with the doubler for £490.For what I used it for 50/80mtrs it was fine but picture quality was rubbish compared to a home build & day time use well,pathetic for a better word. At least with the home builds it clear focus from 5mtrs to infinity,just ordered all the parts up tonight so should be up and running again by Wednesday.Keep up the good work mate,you've had some good bags lately.

Dave

Edited by Davyo

It's brilliant davyo , unless it's top end kit there's no comparison ...

I set a photon xt up on my .222 what a friend was selling to try it , took it off after one night and put my home build on there :)

You were back early from your candle lit dinner weren't you?

You were back early from your candle lit dinner weren't you?

No were still there jdog Sat in the lounge finishing our drinks :)

Just to add she's been outside dealing with a business call for the last 10 mins, so I'm chatting on here

Edited by fruity

Thing with the Photons is its not a finished kit,why on earth should you have to buy a unit and then buy a doubler for another £90. Why don't they just sell it with the doubler for £490.For what I used it for 50/80mtrs it was fine but picture quality was rubbish compared to a home build & day time use well,pathetic for a better word. At least with the home builds it clear focus from 5mtrs to infinity,just ordered all the parts up tonight so should be up and running again by Wednesday.Keep up the good work mate,you've had some good bags lately.

Dave

You starting up again ?? Thought you was calling it day ?

Even with a doubler it's not as good though I don't think !

Yes I have picked up a fair bit of new ground and been getting out a fair bit while having a bit of time Off work :)

nice pics

What type of rifle is this please?

.22 for the rabbits

.222 the Fox

Just sticking to rifles only after my wife talked me out of it again lol, not doing as much though as myxi now present & farmer wants it to spread.Got totally bored with the pigeons plus farmer is using in his words ("pigeon tollerant rape"). But i can get guns in to cover pigeons if we have problems.

Just sticking to rifles only after my wife talked me out of it again lol, not doing as much though as myxi now present & farmer wants it to spread.Got totally bored with the pigeons plus farmer is using in his words ("pigeon tollerant rape"). But i can get guns in to cover pigeons if we have problems.

Same here , I'll take a rifle before the shotgun any day , you won't regret it :) and it's great fun doing NV home builds