Find Me A Small Quad

sitsinhedges

I've been thru all the permutations for transport to get me around my permissions. Had a jimny and it sat on the drive most times. A nice 4x4 is too good to rag around the fields and I really need a van for work so I've been trying to find a quad that would fit into my van. If I can't find one I will have to buy a new van with a bit more length but at the minute I have about 1550mm depth to work with. Width and height don't seem to be a problem.

Had a look at one of these yesterday but it was just that bit too low at 620mm seat height and gave me a bit of cramp in my ageing hips, surprisingly punchy though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnKaVVwUlNM

So, I'm after some suggestions of where I can get a useable quad, new or used, that I can fit into my van if anyone can help.

If you want a small quad look at Quadzilla as they make strong small Quads but you'd be looking at min of £900/1200. If you only have the one perm I'd ask farmer if you can keep it there or get a mot failure Jimny or Terios for under a grand and leave that on the perm.

If you want a small quad look at Quadzilla as they make strong small Quads but you'd be looking at min of £900/1200. If you only have the one perm I'd ask farmer if you can keep it there or get a mot failure Jimny or Terios for under a grand and leave that on the perm.

I don't mind the cost of a quad if it solves the problem. I have several perms hence the need to be able to put it in my van. I usually have a drive around them all and return to the best prospect on that day.

I have been there n done this. Bought a transit van and a Honda trx 420. Became a chore driving from one place to another, unloading the quad, finding nothing about then loading , onto another farm then repeat.

If you only shoot on one farm see if U can store the quad there. Otherwise a cheap 4x4 is the way to go

I've been thru all the permutations for transport to get me around my permissions. Had a jimny and it sat on the drive most times. A nice 4x4 is too good to rag around the fields and I really need a van for work so I've been trying to find a quad that would fit into my van. If I can't find one I will have to buy a new van with a bit more length but at the minute I have about 1550mm depth to work with. Width and height don't seem to be a problem.

Had a look at one of these yesterday but it was just that bit too low at 620mm seat height and gave me a bit of cramp in my ageing hips, surprisingly punchy though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnKaVVwUlNM

So, I'm after some suggestions of where I can get a useable quad, new or used, that I can fit into my van if anyone can help.

I have the same van as you and the same problem, I bought a Quadzilla 250cc on an 04 bit tatty but road registered and cost me £230 but cashed the tax in so it stands me at £80. It is a very tight fit in the van as its 1600mm long but it does fit with a few tweaks. I use a trailer most of the time but still stick it in the van on the odd occasion. It runs on fresh air as well only going through £7 of petrol in 8 hours crawling round the farm.

This is mine.

_57%203.jpg

Edited by Luckyshot

They are links to the same vehicle, but unfortunately as seems usual, the dimensions aren't stated.

DIMENSIONS

Wheelbase 48.5" (122 cm)

Dry Weight 492 lb (223.2 kg)

Overall Vehicle Size (LxWxH) 75 x 45 x 49" (190.5 x 114.3 x 124.5 cm)

Ground Clearance 4.75" (12.1 cm)

Seat Height 35" (89 cm)

I'm looking at a new Kazuma Falcon 110 deluxe if I can find one (the ones I can find all seem to be in Junior format and so smaller) or a Kazuma Falcon 150. I would have chosen a Kazuma Dingo 150 but at 1800mm long they just wont fit. Half the problem is that different sellers give different sizes for the same vehicle.

What about a trike?

I have a Kawasaki klt200, its a fair size but more 'compact' due to the smaller front end

I used to have a Honda atc70, its a kids version,but it was epic,hauled my *** to 30mph on any terrain I threw at it and they are tiny...

the wee honda is a brillant trike. bomb proof except the pull cord

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, Ellie went off to confirm measurements so I knew it would fit inside my van and never came back, wont answer his phone or respond to texts for some strange reason, some folk eh :rolleyes:

I'm still looking for a decent smallish farm quad money waiting. I've even bought myself a brand new van that has 250mm more length in the back so I've got a clear 1800mm now.