Shortening rimfire barrel

Davyo

What is the cost & turnaround to get a 22 lr barrel shortened and re threaded for the moderator ?

Secondly ( I will check with my FEO on Monday) will I need to notify Licencing of the modification as I know the serial number on the CZ represents the gun make,type ect,but does it also indicate the factory barrel length?

Davyo there's a guy relatively close to you who did my CZ barrel it was 12.5 inches and shot really well, his name is Dave he has a company called Bowtech pm me for his number, £60 sounds about right.

Cheers mate will drop him a call on Monday.

Davyo there's a guy relatively close to you who did my CZ barrel it was 12.5 inches and shot really well, his name is Dave he has a company called Bowtech pm me for his number, £60 sounds about right.

Dave has done 2 rifles for me:highly recommend him.If you ring his times are 1300-17.30hrs AFAIK.

Just spoke to Dave he can shorten & srew cut my CZ TO 16" for £65 ,stated he does quite a few down to 14inches so tempted. Can drop off next Tueday & he can have it back to me by the weekend. Sound a good bloke.

Last one he did for me(Brno581) cut to 14":proper target crown ,handles nicely and more accurate than before.

Last one he did for me(Brno581) cut to 14":proper target crown ,handles nicely and more accurate than before.

Think I'm going 14" as it's mainly used from the cab,plus had hold of a varmint with 14" and it felt mint.Never met the guy but he sound like a decent chap on the phone plus he's highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to drop my CZ off at Daves this morning & sign on the door said open at 1pm.God it's 9.30am and I'm wanting to pop to the Metro to get my euros for the jollies.Now way was I going to leave my gun in the car,so I popped in to Bradford&Stalker up the road and explained my dilemma "leave it here,go and do what you need to do and collect it at 1pm when Bowtech is open"

At 1pm I collect my gun from the nice man at B&S and went to see Dave,I was a bit apprehensive about getting it cut less than 16" but when I mentioned that I was considering 14" Dave piped up with a barrel in his had "I have just done my own Ruger" well that will do for me.Seems a really nice chap & the lads a B&S where saying he's a perfectionist so should be a tidy job,said it will be ready Tuesday.

Where in the country is he ?

Bit late for me now, just had my local forearms shop send my 22 BRNO off to be cut to 14".

Not mega impressed mind as they told me 1-2 weeks and I phoned today and its still not back a month later. :/

He is in Birtley Near Gateshead,came highly recommended & a nice guy to talk too.Im in no hurry for it back,told him I would just collect it next Friday. As getting up through the weeks a bit of a rush.He said it'll be poss Tuesday and he will drop me a text when ready & if I want to collect it then he will hang back,can't get better service than that.

Thanks for the contact,got my CZ back this morning cut to 14",headed down to my perm and fitted the scope on site.Took 5 shots to get it on the spot,grouped the next full mag 1" group @ 50mtrs,chuffed to bits is an understatement.Dropped him a text to say a massive thanks.

& look it stand up in the cab now lol.

post-30855-0-26967800-1436570451_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-06122500-1436570460_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the contact,got my CZ back this morning cut to 14",headed down to my perm and fitted the scope on site.Took 5 shots to get it on the spot,grouped the next full mag 1" group @ 50mtrs,chuffed to bits is an understatement.Dropped him a text to say a massive thanks.

& look it stand up in the cab now lol.

No problem mate your setup looks great in the truck!