Essex Police issue 3 permits to date.....

blasterjudd

Guys & Gals

Any of you getting problems with Essex Police getting your shotgun certs renewed I'm now on my 3rd permit and think it's a disgrace ! You wouldn't get that much messing around from any other service provider and If you did at least you could complain to someone.....?

I'm predicting a 4th permi although the FEO when chased says should be here by mid July. ....

That's going to make it 5 months late!!!

Anyone else witness this or got any suggestions? ?????

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys & Gals

Any of you getting problems with Essex Police getting your shotgun certs renewed I'm now on my 3rd permit and think it's a disgrace ! You wouldn't get that much messing around from any other service provider and If you did at least you could complain to someone.....?

I'm predicting a 4th permi although the FEO when chased says should be here by mid July. ....

That's going to make it 5 months late!!!

Anyone else witness this or got any suggestions? ?????

Five months past your expiry date? Wow. Maybe an email to your local MP is in order. You could explain how you're pleased the increase in the license fees is paying benefits. :)

From.what I've been advised half the Essex firearms team have jacked over the Essex Chief Constables actions and it would seem he's an Anti Gun man and it's clear to see the damage it's creating in Essex. It's so wrong that people like him get to have a Senior role in the Police it should never be a personal matter !

Unless im missing something how come they can issue permits but cant get their act together for the sgc/fac tickets ?.

Although i live in Essex im with the Met. My coterm is due in Dec, i will apply early and see how long i have to wiat.

Edited by samboy

Unless im missing something how come they can issue permits but cant get their act together for the sgc/fac tickets ?.

Precisely samboy my feelings are exactly the same as yours and let's not forget it takes time money to do both ! Our Money too .......

Am told Essex Police is in a right mess and with mine it certainly proves it

Two of the FEO's were at the blackwater country show yesterday with a stand.

I had a chat first thing & both very nice blokes & doing about 60 visits a week each. Just sounds like the paperwork getting to them is the bit taking the time.

Then had a word as we were packing up & they said all day long people were complaining about the service.

I've already spoken to BASC about what I can do & all they said was get in touch with the Essex police commissioner Nick Alston & get an interview with him. But then after talking to the FEO's yesterday that's not going to do much.

Just think we have to wait till thing's are sorted in their own time

I'm at 15 weeks so far for a FAC grant & still nothing yet.

Edited by landy george

People would be quick enough to write to the PCC about having rubbish service in any other police respect and if they don't know then they can't challenge.

I'm fairly lucky that Avon and Somerset are competant and seem to issue things promptly but we as shooters seem just to stay quiet in case we rock the boat........when in fact we are legitimately complaining about truly shocking service.

Just phoned 101 or 01245 491491 & spoke to someone in the quality of service department.

He said they get loads of these calls every day & the only thing they could do was to pass it onto a manager who would phone me back & say the same thing.

The only other thing he said you could do, is talk to your local MP.

From.what I've been advised half the Essex firearms team have jacked over the Essex Chief Constables actions and it would seem he's an Anti Gun man and it's clear to see the damage it's creating in Essex. It's so wrong that people like him get to have a Senior role in the Police it should never be a personal matter !

Two of the FEO's were at the blackwater country show yesterday with a stand.

I had a chat first thing & both very nice blokes & doing about 60 visits a week each. Just sounds like the paperwork getting to them is the bit taking the time.

Then had a word as we were packing up & they said all day long people were complaining about the service.

I've already spoken to BASC about what I can do & all they said was get in touch with the Essex police commissioner Nick Alston & get an interview with him. But then after talking to the FEO's yesterday that's not going to do much.

Just think we have to wait till thing's are sorted in their own time

I'm at 15 weeks so far for a FAC grant & still nothing yet.

I also visited the Blackwater show yesterday and spoke to the two FEO's, I explained my situation and they promised to look into it and let me know whether or not they had my renewal paperwork. I got a call at 8.30 this morning confirming the paperwork was still in Chelmsford and hadn't been sent to them for the renewal visit.

Everyone I speak to is in the same boat.

Yes good idea I will call them tomo...

I'm wondering if any other Essex shotgun owners are having same issues ???

Mine ran out 7th May and I have a temporary which expires early August.

I've heard the same.

Shocking, something needs fixing... The Met turned mine round in a week incl interview :good:

Teal.we used to have the same service here in Essex 5 years ago but 50% of a very disgruntled Essex firearms team have recently walked out and not been replaced which is now being made out to be OUR problem......

Put in for my renewal for my cert beginning November 2014 as it runs out January 26, 2015.

Herd nothing until the 20th of January,Issued me with a permit which expires 26th March, Had my visit by my flo 5th march, License turned up 31st of March on my Birthday,6 days after my permit expired.He told me half had left due to more paper work and cut backs and few had retired.

atb Den