Crows starting on the barley !

Dbw1shrops

Hi PW massive just a heads up I went for a look at a couple of my perms yesterday to have a look see if anything was about didn't see much in the motor went for a walk with the auto nothing much doing ( didn't fire a single shot ) but I was great to be out as I have been without a car since December 😱 got back in the motor had a look through the bins over the barley fields this was around 5 o'clock seen about 60-70 crows landing on top of the barley I did check it and it's starting to get milky now so now there starting to get on it I don't think the grey hordes will be far behind so nows the time to start watching your fields lady's and gentlemen ! I couldn't see any blow holes or flat patches but should imagine with the crows landing on it it won't be long before this is the case 👍 this was in Shropshire close to Shrewsbury

Atvb

Dave

We are still keeping them off the peas out in Norfolk, but Ive been watching the barley, now starting to interest a few birds, another week or two should see some real action , problem is we cant be everywhere all the time, Even though Im getting a call almost every other day to check out some field or other there are not enough birds in one place to make it worth while, best at the moment is flowering peas and some of the young sugar beet fields, mostly where there are good flight lines , picking up can be a pain this time of year when you dont have a dog, do you leave them where they fall or risk upsetting someone by walking through standing crop to pick up , its a pity to leave them especially if they need finishing off, cant stand to think of them suffering, I normally set up in an area where the crop is weak or eaten down so I have a better chance of finding them quickly. thats why I prefer to shoot over the young beet plants, no problem finding them on there at the moment. :/:/