Clay shooting near Swansea

ChrisHigs

Hi.

I've just had my first experience of clay shooting and loved it. I'd definitely like to do this more and looking into joining a club but there doesn't seem to be much near Swansea. Anyone have recommendations for what's around South Wales?

Also where do I go from here and how much are things likely to cost?

Crynant is ok is also the home of euro trap. Chris and his wife used to run it at margam park many years ago.

there is also some small shoots on a Sunday run by a local group. Very basic but a good laugh.

I'm not down there but my uncle lives there and have had many a good shoot with some stunning back drops

Thanks for the reply. What is Euro Trap?

I've probably driven past where it is loads of times when I've been working in Crynant. Is it somewhere I could go to and try some shooting again before buying a gun? Pretty sure I do want to but I'd like to have another go before I spend the money.

I've got an idea for the cost of gun, license, cabinet, etc. but how much does the shooting, clays, cartridges, etc likely to cost?

Looks like I've either got Telpyn, Crynant, Treetops or SW2000. Crynant is the closest but from what I've read isn't as good as others.

Telpyn is the next closest to me. Think I might have to take a trip over there some time and check things out.

I think Telpyn has gone down hill big time...

Hi as Gary said dragon clay sports is worth a look and you don't need to work about trying to button yourself. Crynant ground is also ok but only open Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday which can get busy. There are a few more shoots going on but the two mentioned are your best bet to start.

Hi, nelson shooting ground just down the road from sw 2000 shoot every Wednesday for practise and on Sundays with DTL and ABT on offer, every other Saturday carmarthen clay target club have a DTL and sporting shoot at the united counties show ground. All are very friendly and welcoming to newcomers. Details of these and other local clubs can be found on the W.C.T.S.A website.

there is a place near Felindre (run by Swansea gun club I think) which do every second Sunday morning and an evening during the week. Turn left as you enter Felindre, past the entrance to the lower Lliw and its less than a mile along the road on the left (just past the new solar farm). You can see a couple of metal box containers which is where they park.

• 1 month later...

There are a few more too one near cwmbran (cwmbran gun club) one at St fagans and one near St Brides Major (might be Phil ash's)

There is one on the gower http://gowerclaypigeonshooting.co.uk/ butits more an experience place than a regular shoot. Have you tried asking at local gun shops Mike Foley in swansea or Keens at aberkenfig (they know most shoots)