One rifles medicine is another's poison

Guest stevo

Guest stevo

mods if this is in wrong section please move :good:

evening all

well just to carry on from last night when I posted about my .22WMR and how I changed the stock and mod , well I was not to sure about the changes I had made , im old school and I like a traditional looking rifle however I could not get on with my WMR while it was in sporter mode so-to-speak , so I stuck a thumbhole stock on it and a new mod , see below ....

https://carousel.dropbox.com/photos/cc/c2BZixBCOQfeag1

well tonight like I said I would I went out for a test drive , I was using Hornaday V-max 30 grain @ 2200 fps which ALL my past WMRs have loved ,,, and I mean LOVED

and CCI Maxi-Mag HP+V also 30 grain @ 2200 fps

any how I could not believe how the two behaved sooo differently

the first target was at 110 yrds ( which is the distance I zero at ) and for a bit of fun I tried to shoot out the bull , your see the hornaday as there the flyers around the edge , the CCI are the ones grouped slightly to the left ( there was a cross wind going right to left , quite strong at times )

I shot 5 V max and ' 6 CCIs

https://carousel.dropbox.com/photos/cc/LMq3BxeEvAUmFnY

I started to notice that the CCIs where doing much better then the Hornaday , so I stopped messing about as I didn't have much of the CCIs left . and dicided to to a proper group at range ....... so I went out to 150 yrds and did 5 shots of each , I must point out that these groups where rested and using a bi-pod , but I think you will agree my rifle is having a bit of a love affair with the CCIs .

the CCIs are the group next to the 5 pence

the other 5 are the Hornadays V-max

https://carousel.dropbox.com/photos/cc/bwf1Y0uiErXN10u

your opinions are more than welcome

atb

Edited by stevo

Guest stevo

Bloody paper , clay pigeons when are you going to post some proper shooting !

Nice group though , did you use your shotgun :)

Haha it looked like with the vmax .

I will be out with the shotgun tonight for a couple of hrs . Have found some milky barley with a big enough low patch for me to shoot and still be able to pick my birds . So fingers crossed i may see a bit of action .

Seems a pretty easy choice and a clear winner. That rifle is doing really well at 150yds with those CCI, you have to be happy with that :good:

Very happy mucker .

Haha it looked like with the vmax .

I will be out with the shotgun tonight for a couple of hrs . Have found some milky barley with a big enough low patch for me to shoot and still be able to pick my birds . So fingers crossed i may see a bit of action .

Very happy mucker .

Good look , hope you bag a few :good: , I have a field of broccoli that is heaving with pigeon but cannot shoot it at the moment :unhappy:

Guest stevo

Good look , hope you bag a few :good: , I have a field of broccoli that is heaving with pigeon but cannot shoot it at the moment :unhappy:

Oh mate .. Thats just cruel .

I have the same on some pea feilds .

• 1 month later...

post-20848-0-00118900-1438155038_thumb.jpg

I have 500 of these still factory sealed at a competitive price if anyone is interested . My last WMR loved them but my latest prefers the Hornady 30g V-Max.

Please PM if interested.

Cheers

PS

They are 40g

Edited by Dekers