Lock Smith and gun cabinet

Well I've hidden my one set of cabinet keys so well, I can't remember where I've hidden them. Checked all my usual places , no joy. Am going shooting for the weekend so need it opened. Has anyone experience of a Smith opening a 2 lock cabinet,, without damage? And rough cost for you?

I'm hoping not to have to take the angle grinder out in the morning......

I did the same last year but with my ammo cabinet. It was my former handgun cabinet so had two compartments, the smaller one being fro the ammo.

Cost me £90 to have the back drilled, from which he undid the locks (couldn't pick them) and have two new ones fitted plus two sets of new keys. I didn't think that was bad, but I did get a discount when he discovered I am an ex-handgunner, as he is also, but still continues to shoot abroad.

What cab is it? If a B'sound single lock cab, the lock is made by Walsall Locks, and if a locksmith is engaged he can drill through the lock hole to a particular engagement point, then throw the drilled lock to open the cab., and fit a new lock.

The key to opening a cab without damage is knowing the precise lock type fitted, and therefore its particular drill point.

Do not use an angle grinder, if you value your guns, unless they are securely covered within the cabinet. Use a nibbler to remove a large panel to extract your guns before resorting to grinders, please!

Locks are typically £20 a time and they are not removable by cutting a hole big enough to reach in with a spanner, if the cabinet is designed properly. Usually the lock mounts would need to be cut out, or the locking bolts cut through.

Carman06 is spot on. They are only 7 lever locks, typically. Thief resistant, but not proof for a proper locksmith. Certainly much more difficult than 5 lever house door locks (effectively only three different tumblers as the key must work from both sides of the lock). Drilling to remove, and replacement of locks, would be the most cost effective route for the average 'locksmith'.