Monckton Shooting Ground

nnorman32

My usual clay ground was closed for a charity shoot so I ended up at Monckton shooting ground for the first time.

pouring with rain, middle of Yorkshire with a motorcross scrambling area. their website was having trouble with emails so thinking the worst I rang up and a very friendly bloke booked us in for a shoot.

Anyone else been there?, it's great, high towers and a grouse flush, no counters on the traps, you pay per cartridge shot.

Will be booking my little (6ft 3") lad in for his first lesson for his birthday.

N.

Yes, I've been. Not far from me. Nice on a good day with the sun on your back, plenty of excercise as you walk around and very friendly. Last time got more excercise than planned, as my B in L got his car stuck, but thankfully some of the bikers came and helped me push!!!

Mike

Guest Wilksy

Really enjoyed Monkton tonight first time but definatly going again! Hit four from seven on the high tower! Went down hill from there but still good!