beretta 303 shims

viking

well iv taken the stock off thinking it might of been the same as my old AL391 urika,where you just put shims in between the stock and the action, not the case.

there is a metal plate it the top of the stock with the number 60 on it, it seems like if the hole in it was placed differently then that may adjust the stock up or down, is this the case?

im a little lost now.

please help.

thanks

lee

seems like there was a bit of play in the metal shim in the top, it is a little better now, but still needs to go up a bit,

on the above mentioned coles website thy do them in sizes

42.5mm

40/45mm

50/65mm

55/60mm

mine says 60 on it, so im unsure if its the size up or down that i need?

I think if you search in Google there's a downloadable manual for the A303 available which has a short section on the various drop shims.

EDIT - sorry, there's a link to the manual at the top of this forum

Edited by IEH

I think it's 60 for 60mm of drop at the comb.

So if it's too low you need a lower number spacer for less drop.

Only difference between em is the position of the hole in the spacer.

You could possibly file the hole out in which ever direction you wanted to move the stock.

im sick of looking now, i cant find any shims in the uk, nor a selection of but pads for my miroku, most searches iv done tonight have just come up with american sites, that maybe why i cant find anything, surely there must be a simple site that has more than 1 butt pad for my miroku.

laptops going out the window shortly,

If you do not remove wood from the head of the stock (as per the manual ) the stock will not lift as all you would be doing is trying to compress wood

I had the same problem as you , but in reverse , I needed more drop at heel as I saw too much rib

My A303 came with a 55mm plate and I replaced it with a 65mm without removing wood and the stock only dropped about 2mm instead of the 10mm

I filed the stock (see manual again) slowly with a fine blind edged file and lo and behold the stock dropped the required amount

The shim plates are simple things and can be easily made from thin steel or ally plate

If you do not have a manual , there is one here http://stevespages.com/pdf/beretta_a303.pdf

I have bought 303 shims from this Italian company, they are OK but a bit long winded with delivery.

http://www.brignoliarmi.com/index.asp

If you file the hole out then the shim will not be good fit over the tube it passes over and may move when in use.

Filing the stock is good advice and indeed what Beretta themselves recommend.

Vic.

Edited by VicW

think iv sorted it for the time being, as i didn't have a file i grinded down the shim so it would effectively act as if the hole in it was further down, after a few attempts of trial and error i managed to get it bang on. the gap between the action and stock now has a wedge shaped piece of carefully crafted wood in it, felt tipped black.

iv emailed beretta to see if they have any, but as is will do for now.

thanks for the help and suggestions.

lee

I have bought 303 shims from this Italian company, they are OK but a bit long winded with delivery.

http://www.brignoliarmi.com/index.asp

If you file the hole out then the shim will not be good fit over the tube it passes over and may move when in use.

Filing the stock is good advice and indeed what Beretta themselves recommend.

Vic.

thanks vic.

i think what iv done is pretty much the same outcome as filing the stock.

ill have a look at that place,

thanks.

lee