Picking up question

NickB65

Last year Blue and I did four days picking up at a local estate and we have been invited back again to do a whole season. We have also been asked to pick-up at another new shoot but they asked me how much I wanted paying. Last season as Blue and I joined late in January we picked up for experience so I have no idea what the going rate is.

Anyone know what the typical going rate is for one man and his ESS?

Thanks guys... with the need for the shoots to register everyone who they pay for tax reasons it does not seem worth being paid as any monies I earn will have to be declared and as I am already in the high tax bracket so I would loose 40%. May be better to be paid in birds or cartridges... gifts not payments....

Thanks guys... with the need for the shoots to register everyone who they pay for tax reasons it does not seem worth being paid as any monies I earn will have to be declared and as I am already in the high tax bracket so I would loose 40%. May be better to be paid in birds or cartridges... gifts not payments....

Asking for an alternative form of payment is not likely to win you any friends, it only leads to yet more hassle for the keeper and will probably be rejected on the basis of there being no special treatment.

Asking for an alternative form of payment is not likely to win you any friends, it only leads to yet more hassle for the keeper and will probably be rejected on the basis of there being no special treatment.

I agree but it was something my last keeper was happy to do...... also looking at setting up a limited company which would cover the dogs earnings and expenses.