HW97k

cromwell7

I've just acquired a hw97k from a relative for £100 the rifle is from late 2000's so quite new and hasn't been fired a lot.

One problem I have though is due to it being stored for long periods of time without being wiped down it has some rust spots.

So my question is would it be better to sell this on or if i get it re blued will I still have a bargain

For £100 you didn't buy the gun - you stole it! :yes::lol:

I understand what you mean about the condition, but really, if you are going to use it for pest control then I would be inclined to close my eyes/mind to any blemishes. 0000 grade steel wool with plenty of oil normally removes surface rust - kitchen scourers can totally remove the bluing if you get too enthusiastic with them. :oops:

If you really can't live with it, I'll be happy to negotiate a price with you. :good:

Edited by Les*1066

If anything comes back it might be worth trying a small area with hammerite kurust which will turn it totally blue/black.... If it were mine I would try that then the steel wool to fine down any small bumps if any.

I've just acquired a hw97k from a relative for £100 the rifle is from late 2000's so quite new and hasn't been fired a lot.

One problem I have though is due to it being stored for long periods of time without being wiped down it has some rust spots.

So my question is would it be better to sell this on or if i get it re blued will I still have a bargain

Think you have been robbed .... To help you, I'll give you £105 for it. :good::lol:

I've just had a blueing touch up pen delivered, so I'm going to just touch it up and enjoy it. everything else is mint, it's literally just those marks where it's been touched on the metal work and left.

Now it's just a case of finding the right pellet for it any recommendations ?

I've just had a blueing touch up pen delivered, so I'm going to just touch it up and enjoy it. everything else is mint, it's literally just those marks where it's been touched on the metal work and left.

Now it's just a case of finding the right pellet for it any recommendations ?

I have a hw80 and find super domes are reaiiy accurate.