A favour returned.

JDog

There were quite a few beneficiaries of my move from the Cotswolds in terms of land to shoot over. One such was a long standing friend who is knowledgeable and keen on decoying. I told him last week that I was heading back down to the Cotswolds for a weeks work he said he would look out an opportunity for us.

He was on the phone as soon as I had arrived in Stow after a three hour drive to say that he had found a line. As it turned out it was a line I showed him several years ago. When we arrived at the field there were pigeons using the freeway. Where they were going we never discovered.

As he was now the host I let him decide on the plan and we set up along a cross hedge on their line with a grass margin in front of us and the same on the other side of the hedge they were flying along. We put up one rotary and three floaters.

We could see the little grey specks coming from half a mile away, the sun lighting them up against a dark background which was a large area of woodland. In three hours we shot 78 pigeons, 3 carrions and 3 jackdaws. None of the pigeons had anything in their crops and we never did find where they were heading.

Sounds Ideal .

I have had an hour out the back of my house the two previous evenings from 7pm till 8pm flighting some as they come back from feeding on some peas I only shot 10 each time but really enjoyed it , the pigeon were so crammed with peas most burst their crops on hitting the ground.

Sounds Ideal .

I have had an hour out the back of my house the two previous evenings from 7pm till 8pm flighting some as they come back from feeding on some peas I only shot 10 each time but really enjoyed it , the pigeon were so crammed with peas most burst their crops on hitting the ground.

im like that after ive had my fish an chips on a friday !