Motorbike

Marksman1997

I'm currently doing my direct acceess. Did my CBT 3 weeks ago. 6 hours total, 4 in a car park to practice then a 2 hour road session. I did mine on a scooter and looking back it was the best choice because I hadn't ridden geared bikes for 15 plus years and it would be hard to learn that as well as the CBT stuff. Get your theory test booked early as usually a 3/4 week wait is in order.

After CBT you should have a assessment lesson starting in a car park where they teach you about the gears, stopping and starting and slow speed manoeuvres while slipping the clutch, takes a bit of practicing to get smooth, then you go out on the road for an hour. Once your ok with a 125cc you then jump onto a 650cc normally and once your riding at a competent level you can do your mod 1 test of manoeuvring in a car park then you do your mod 2 which is road riding and a emergency swerve in a closed off area.

Finally your CBT and theory test pass are only valid from the date you took your test till 2 years time. Hope this helps and hasn't bored you.

ATB 425

do i need to do a theory for a cbt if i already done car theory?

And do you have any rough idea for insurance for honda cbr 125 for 18 year old?

Yes you need to do another theory test for motorcycles. I've got one for car, 2 months ago did my HGV theory and now have done the bike one. Practice online using the official gov.uk site and it's the same questions as you get inyiur test.

Insurance wise I've no idea. Go on one of the comparison websites and you get a rough idea. A Yamaha R6 for me with I experience is £550 so yours should be much cheaper. ATB 425