things must be desperate..2

steveyg

What a performance,I was told to take maggots,crusty bread,dog biscuits,sweet corn and luncheon meat...I said I won't eat all that... shine.gif.pagespeed.ce.0ZRSk_TTiQ.gif

4 Big ponds and nearly all the pegs were taken,managed to find a couple however we would have the sun in our face all day..good job I took the brolly.

Had a few roach,changed to ledger..nothing back to float with bread and got a few bites..then had a lovely bite and the rod bent in half...8 pound common carp..very nice

had an enjoyable afternoon however will not be trading in the guns for fishing tackle...I love pigeon shooting.. :good::good:

post-63989-0-40160400-1435681182_thumb.jpg

If you do go again please consider the welfare of the fish , that concrete you have it laying on must be pretty warm in this heat .

Noted..it was there for a matter of seconds and was back in the pond in less than a minute of being caught

What were the pliers for?

Just to give a scale of the size...

Nearly but the few scales along its back make it a mirror carp.

Not necessarily...

Leather carp can be identified by its lack of scales and an almost leather effect skin, although they are allowed some scales along the dorsal line and at the wrist of the tail. Most people believe that leather carp are simply mirror carp without scales but this is untrue, leather carp are proven to be genetically different from mirror carp.