Suggestions for a shotgun red dot sight.

Pyropredator

Hello all,

I'm looking for suggestions for a red dot sight to go on my Mossberg 500 Hushpower. Need to raise the sight line so I don’t have to compensate for the moderator as much.

I know there are ridiculously priced Eotech sights out there but what if I was only in the market for something £100-£200 range?

Cheers

James

I have had a look at the Burris Sights but you cant seem to get them anywhere in the UK! Do you know any importers or the best place to try and get hold of one?

I think I got my first (II) on ebay.com the second (III) was a trade within the UK

I thought there were official sources in the UK? (An importer)

I used a vortex razor on my 20 bore Hushpower...however for a low cost fix you can raise the rib to the level of the tube with a strip of machined acetal.....if you have a friendly local jobbing machinist or your own small hobby mill. The fibre optic glo sights are something to consider too..................

Edited by LeadWasp

If you are going to be shooting at moving targets, IMO, you need to keep the housing around the sight to an absolute minimum. I've tried shooting clays for a laugh with the shotgun i use for Practical Shotgun which has an Eotech fitted and the housing around the sight kept blocking the clay out, a sight with a tube type body would be even worse.

As suggested a Burris Fastfire would be ideal, or anything that has a thin profile hood. Just make sure you buy a tried and tested/rated make/model as shotgun recoil will kill cheapy red dots.

Thanks for all the replies guys, in the end I went for a Sightmark Ultra as it was rated pretty well and can start up to shotgun recoil.

I'm a little worried about being able to lead targets well with it but im hoping with a little practice this won't be too difficult. Mostly this will be used for rats and rabbits thought so it's not hugely essential.

Cheers

James