Remington 887 recall

fenboy

Remington are re-calling 887 shotguns made between 1/12/13 and 24/11/14 .

Problems with the firing pin binding could cause slam firing .

You can check the date of you gun by entering the serial number into a programme on the remington web site.

This was in the BASC magazine I received today , but I realise there may well be owners on here who are not members .

I think the lack of posts are due to not many people having bought the Remington 887 whereas countless people bought Hatstands, myself included, when they came out.

Would I have another? No thanks.

+1

I've never even seen an 887 in the flesh & I spent several weeks working for the previous importers!

My view of the 887, along with a lot of the more recent "new, improved" Remington guns can be seen in my first post here. And that was me being KIND to some of the **** they turn out!

What happens when a gun company is run from the top down by bean counters & accountants, not from the grass roots level by shooters & engineers?

You don't have to go too far from the 887 recall to see how seamlessly the Marlin factory relocation under Remington management was carried out