ammo safes - do they need to be fixed?

HuskyRich

I will be applying for a FAC before the year is out and obviously will need an ammo safe but can't find any guidance pertaining to whether it needs to be fixed to a wall like a gun cabinet has to be?

theres a specific one I've got my eye on that will fit just perfectly into a discrete cupboard above a walk-in wardrobe in my bedroom (separate location from gun cabinet) but as its a dormer bedroom theres nothing solid other than plasterboard and battens to fix it to.

Would this be sufficient?

My first ammo "safe" that I used for several FAC lifetimes was a non fixed heavy duty tool box.

I was advised to use such a thing on my first application, for H&S reasons.

In case of house fire lob it through the nearest window & make a prompt exit following it

The main one I have now is not fixed but it'd be a 2 person lift.

Also have a couple or three other smaller ones that are not yet in place; two are dedicated car types & not got around to fitting them in the car

I have my ammo safe below my gun cabinet.

As it is situated you couldn't move the safe without moving the cabinet first but its not fixed.

I figure if they have already managed to move the gun cabinet, the safe fixing wouldn't matter anyway!!