My extractor spring and plunger just went for a burton!

HuskyRich

Was just putting my mossberg 9200 back together when I accidentally dropped the bolt, it must have landed on the extractor as that popped out and I realised that the little spring and plunger isn't there anymore!
How much tension are those springs under? I've just spent an hour and a half on hands and knees but can't find the darn thing... How far could it have gone?! :ninja:

If I can't find it I'm boned as they arent made or stocked anymore! :/

she find it in a couple of days with the hoover.............................

lay flat on the floor with your best eye parralell to the floor....then shine a touch also parrellel to the floor slowly....you should spot it then..

Used my surefire gun light which is bloody bright and no joy.
Did a proper CSI style sweep and I cannae find the darn bits!! Unbelievable. Just as I had a good weekend shooting planned :no:

I dont understand where the hell it can have gone!

Unbelievable.

After searching every item and crevice in the room and moving out all the furniture I looked at the bolt again and realised that the plunger has been pushed back into its recess!
Spent 5 hours for NOWT.

So was putting all the furniture back in and managed to tear my big toenail off and its only half attached.... Off to a&e it seems

sigh. this is gonna be a long **** night.

I really shouldn't be allowed to have guns. I'm a complete disaster area :unhappy:

5 hours sitting in bloody a&e as I rang the 111 number and they said I should go, only to be told that they don't have the time or staff to do anything and I should go to my nearest day centre/doctors when they open :/

All sorted now. Havent even been to bed yet, some holiday this is turning out to be. Was supposed to be in the lake district for a week but the one week I'd booked off in advance and its utterly abysmal weather up there.

Sigh.

Also I swear this gun is cursed. Last sunday it spat the bolt handle out and I spent about 1 1/2 hours picking my way through grass to find it again.

I love my life. :ninja: