My new (ish) puppy.

motty

After seeing photos of Fenboy's new addition I decided to post a couple of pictures of my black lab puppy. He has been with me for around six weeks and is by large a good little lad, but he can be a pain in the ****. He hasn't got a pond to swim in or any fish to try and retrieve.

He enjoys his play retrieves, but i'm in absolutely no rush to start proper training. So here he is - Boomer.

WP_20150703_0031_zpstmvwl9er.jpg

WP_20150703_0061_zpspaklz3h6.jpg

SAM_1286_zps9qmf3f3b.jpgLovely dark eyes and a expression to match , I like the name Boomer ( Norfolk name for Bitten ) which is quite appropriate for day that spends a good deal of its life in Reed beds and the water .

Did fenboy get a Yellow one so you don't get each others mixed up on the marsh ?

Your one looks a lot like mine , Dark eyes , same age ( 14 weeks ) and roughly the same height , the only difference is on my pedigree the only red on it is where they ran out of Blue pens :yes: ..... This photo was taken this morning .

every time I see a black lab I get a lump in my throat,,still havn,t got over loseing my first gundog 15 years after it passed away,,,

stunning little things when they are pups and certainly a best friend once they grow up

now got my first ever springer and the wife has had to take a back seat lol,,mind you she hated dogs,was a cat lover but now of an evening the two of them will nod off together,,funny how things change,

it at times has been a bloody stressful time training him but he is my pride and joy now and is my shadow,

couldn,t bring myself to get another lab after loseing Buddy, but Archie is the best thing that ever happened to me thanks to parapilot off here,i never get bored being out with him