R10 Buddy Bottle

belly47

after some advice please fellas, when I bought my R10 a few years ago it developed a small leak from the buddy bottle, it wasn`t much to be honest, about 50bar over the course of a week so it did not stop me using it at all.

In the end I called BSA and obtained a replacement and new bottle arrived and all was well and good.

To cut a long story short the rifle was sold early last year but when clearing out some shooting gear I came across the original bottle which is now surplus to requirements.

I see that new valves can be bought or some can be sorted quite easily and restored to working order.

my question is, what would be a fair price do you think to sell the bottle as it is?

20150703_111149_zpscbxs9mue.jpg

20150703_111058_zpsyngkrkg0.jpg

Just been looking at prices on Bestfittings.co.uk

Given that a new 400cc buddy bottle with rebuildable valve costs £90.00, if you deduct the cost of a new valve (£30.00)that gives you a bare bottle price of £60.00.

If you allowed 30 - 50% for depreciation (as it is second-hand and a few years old)that gives you a second-hand value of £30.00 - £40.00.

I think £30.00 would be fair because your bottle would still require the fitting of the new valve.

I would give you £30.00 for it!

Cheers,

John.

lee,, you see them pretty often bud usually for around the 30 - 40 pounds mark,

stick it on the auction site you will be surprised what it might fetch,,

sorry but £30 is a bit cheap to be honest

sorry john