hypa flaps

I used a pair of Hyper flaps on my magnet on Friday, worked a treat. Pigeons were trying to land on them, only thing was the noise, I must try and get a speed control for the whirly, on a new battery, its a bit demented, more robust than I would have imagined,.

Edited by floc_de-coy

been using for about 4 years now, my whirly is very light weight 2lb max will only take hypa, useless in agood wind blows all over the place any body experience the saI

I usually double and treble the wing rods to compensate for stronger winds, but every thing has it's limits.

hi flyshooter. how do you do that, 1 taped a long length of doweling to each arm that helps a little but in a good blow mine is virtually unuseable the hypa is so light.it hits the wind and rises it needs more weight but the instruction said definatly no dead birds.1 useful tip for a non flapper i cut 4 real wings off and left them for a few months to dry then spread them out and stuck them to the tyvec with no more nails stapled in position while it dried.i also stuck some closed wings on some tatty shells.

hi flyshooter. how do you do that, 1 taped a long length of doweling to each arm that helps a little but in a good blow mine is virtually unuseable the hypa is so light.it hits the wind and rises it needs more weight but the instruction said definatly no dead birds.1 useful tip for a non flapper i cut 4 real wings off and left them for a few months to dry then spread them out and stuck them to the tyvec with no more nails stapled in position while it dried.i also stuck some closed wings on some tatty shells.

I just add more standard rods that go from wing tip to wing tip, slows the wings down a bit on the Hyper birds. I believe you can get some thicker rods off of the bay for this as well. If it is the arms that goes from the machine, to the Hyper bird that are jumping up and down, try leaning the arm of the machine down as it comes around in to the wind by leaning the machine in to the wind, slightly off vertical. I have never had a mega problem with the latter doing the latter. Hope a little of what works for me helps you out , F.

hi flyshooter. yes it is the arms that bounce, as the coy comes into the wind it will soar and bounce. i will try to lean it into the wind so its flying downwards as it hits the wind. dont know if you are familiar with mine it has a single spike and foot press and 3 guy ropes. thank for the tip.

hi flyshooter. yes it is the arms that bounce, as the coy comes into the wind it will soar and bounce. i will try to lean it into the wind so its flying downwards as it hits the wind. dont know if you are familiar with mine it has a single spike and foot press and 3 guy ropes. thank for the tip.

Sounds the same as mine dad, I'm still impressed with mine even after several years use, (U.K. Ware House) I have wrapped some camo tape around the arms to stop them glinting with the sun out. Have just received an FF5 Flapper, got 106 pigeons and 3 rooks with it yesterday combined with my spinner.

Edited by flyshooter

must be the same F. if you have guy ropes, everything else is fine the weight is perfect 1 1/2 lb i think do you set into the wind or dont you have a problem. what was you on yesterday. dead bird on the ff5? got one about 3 months ago only used it with deads so far. quick and easy to set up but quite happy with 2 turbos with remotes except for setting the wings up. just finished work now till monday so should get 3 days in

must be the same F. if you have guy ropes, everything else is fine the weight is perfect 1 1/2 lb i think do you set into the wind or dont you have a problem. what was you on yesterday. dead bird on the ff5? got one about 3 months ago only used it with deads so far. quick and easy to set up but quite happy with 2 turbos with remotes except for setting the wings up. just finished work now till monday so should get 3 days in

I started with a Hyper on the FF5 and it worked so well I left it on for the duration, also used two Hypers on the magnet. Really good day on standing wheat. I was behind a very thin ghost net could not believe the pigeons did not see me let alone the rooks. I have a friend who shoots 9 farms, none having Pheasant shoots, so all year round shooting. Pigeons don't seem that interested in the pea fields at the moment more interested in the wheat. Have a good 3 days break wishing you all the best, F.

hi F. we got about 700 from our peas over 5 or 6 visits 50/60 each same birds same flight line they got decoy shy wouldnt come near the whirley in the end. then the pheasants came and it was too near the pens. were you able to pick on the wheat.

hi F. we got about 700 from our peas over 5 or 6 visits 50/60 each same birds same flight line they got decoy shy wouldnt come near the whirley in the end. then the pheasants came and it was too near the pens. were you able to pick on the wheat.

Yes, got a good dog, just a matter of sending it out on a regular basis. With the weather so humid it's just as well, as flies seem to come from nowhere before the pigeons have hit the deck. Being near to a couple of wide tram lines helped when walking out in the crop, I all ways use a clicker which helps with pin pointing dropped birds, with a wood as our back stop to the hide, every time the dog went in the wood to retrieve, the pigeons that were up the trees came out over our heads from the back, real testing shooting. Hoping to be out again early next week, weather permitting.

hi flyshooter. on bare patch uncut rape friday pigeons flight line all day about100yds away, really good wind, rotary and hypas + ff5 and dead bird + decoys on sticks only brought 5 into range very frustraing. got 57 on barley stubble sunday afternoon they were passing back and forwards to uncut rape and managed to draww some in with the ff5 and some FUDs

hi flyshooter. on bare patch uncut rape friday pigeons flight line all day about100yds away, really good wind, rotary and hypas + ff5 and dead bird + decoys on sticks only brought 5 into range very frustraing. got 57 on barley stubble sunday afternoon they were passing back and forwards to uncut rape and managed to draww some in with the ff5 and some FUDW

When I shot last week they were passing over rape to get to the standing wheat, their actions are unbelievable and frustrating at times. I started with an FF5 with a hyper, a whirly magnet with twin hypers, 9 plastic half shells and a few fuds. As they came in, I added the down'd ones to the pattern. I'm hoping to go again latter in this week, my shooting buddy is going to reccy, peas, rape and the wheat again, be interesting to see just what they are on this time. I have been shooting with an old s/s I bought off of Wabbitbosher, love it, my other guns are not getting a look in, I think the barrels must be bent :lol: , cant do a thing wrong with it.

• 3 weeks later...

tried some hypa flaps today did not like them at all they shine in the sun spooking them off

Had mine for near 7 years , shot to bits where they have pulled birds close to them and need new ones, If you are going to ditch them I will swap you some Denny's dippas in exchange :)

Edited by deny essex