Concealer pop-up hide

Just bought one from riversideoutdoor - first impressions are good. The barley is coming on and I can't wait to get out and try it. I'd wanted to get away from the whole basha and net rigging fan dance I go through everytime I go out.

Sporting guns's review was spot on http://www.sportinggun.co.uk/instruction/499006/Pigeon_shooting_popup_pigeon_hide.html when opened it up for a play - tho' Mrs Leadwasp wasn't too impressed when I did this in the house!

Has anyone else used one of these - how did you get on?

Yep, I've got one of these.

Advantages ....

Fast set up and take down

Disadvantages ....

You don't have any attachment points for adding shrubbery to the fronts

It blows over easily in the wind, so I tend to use hide poles and tent pegs to secure it.

It's good for setting up in a hedge where there is already lots of shrubbery providing a natural front.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the one without a roof. I set it up across a gap in a hedge yesterday. It was very quick. Bungy'ed the top ends to the hawthorn on either side, pegged the base and put one bungy on a peg to the middle front tab to resist the wind. Worked a treat. Anything coming from the front didn't seem at all bothered. In fact they seemed so obsessed with the barley that when I went back to the car, walking between hide/hedge and floaters they were still coming in - nice for me, not so nice for them.