Not only but also. The recent decline in premier rifle quality is bein

secretagentmole

I only ever bought one tin of JSB's a couple of years ago, and I wasn't too impressed then so perhaps this has been going on for quite a while? :hmm:

I too fall under that category, had tins of them which were perfect on the outside but the pellets were deformed, some 10-15% were so bad they would not fit up the barrel of my spring powered rifle. Did not dare try them in the magazine of my pcp....

I have liked them for some years. I've just bought some new tins and will check them (and the batch number) Not seen damaged skirts as yet and as I've also read the forum report have been looking more than usual.

I do not know when this was alleged to have started, but since H&N are not making the Ogive I have to find something in .177 to feed my rifles, could be back to Crosman for me!

Read the item ... buying direct, UK shops buying in at circa £6 per tin .. UK shops buying from UK distributors; shop is buying in slightly more than £6 per tin. Shops mark up on top of the £6 + leaves them to retail at circa £10 per tin.

l think the above is fairly accurate regards the JSB referrence in the OP link.

I bought JSB Exacts from a Czech gun shop no more than two weeks ago. Bearing in mind the shopkeeper will have added his margin on top of his buy in price. Whether he bought direct from JSB or via a Czech distributor; l'm unsure. Considering the UK & Czech Republic are EU members the price disparity shouldn't be great.

Czech Republic JSB Exacts per 500 tin ... £4.61p

And the Czech gunshop is selling at a profit! ... all l know is when money is involved all is never quite what it might seem ... the old saying; if you haven't heard a rumour by 11am; start one, springs to mind.

Read the item ... buying direct, UK shops buying in at circa £6 per tin .. UK shops buying from UK distributors; shop is buying in slightly more than £6 per tin. Shops mark up on top of the £6 + leaves them to retail at circa £10 per tin.

l think the above is fairly accurate regards the JSB referrence in the OP link.

I bought JSB Exacts from a Czech gun shop no more than two weeks ago. Bearing in mind the shopkeeper will have added his margin on top of his buy in price. Whether he bought direct from JSB or via a Czech distributor; l'm unsure. Considering the UK & Czech Republic are EU members the price disparity shouldn't be great.

Czech Republic JSB Exacts per 500 tin ... £4.61p

And the Czech gunshop is selling at a profit! ... all l know is when money is involved all is never quite what it might seem ... the old saying; if you haven't heard a rumour by 11am; start one, springs to mind.

Take it you shoot .177!

I opened up the new tin to try some in the gun. My old ones were from 2012 and 2013 batches.

the new tin is from a 2015 batch

The difference is clear when fired...the POI is different but the main issue is .............. the new ones do NOT group as well.

Time to look for something new then. Rather than pay double if we vote with our feet maybe they will get the idea!

im using exact, during a pellet test recently they outperfomed the others i tried..

as for blaming uk wholesalers, cant blame them as such as their doing their job, companies are there to make money and they have to push for better pricing, if that pricing is effecting quality then its jsb who are to blame, if they cant make it for what they can sell it for their doing so its their fault

im using exact, during a pellet test recently they outperfomed the others i tried..

as for blaming uk wholesalers, cant blame them as such as their doing their job, companies are there to make money and they have to push for better pricing, if that pricing is effecting quality then its jsb who are to blame, if they cant make it for what they can sell it for their doing so its their fault

My exacts from the old batch do also outperform others

The new ones are not obviously deformed (although they are a different shape pellet) but their performance has fallen off

"The Gunshop Rugby" ...... they reduced their prices earlier this year. No idea where they buy them from though.

Good grief! From a UK shop, obviously avoiding John Rothery so importing direct or from a European reseller.

Keep these boys in trade and spread the word. Good to see some shops do not treat us like we have handles on our heads!