Not holding zero

mk2pop

Hi all, I'm having a little trouble with my Webley raider 10, this rifle is only 2 months old and the problem hasn't long started to show

I've got a Nikko Sterling 4-12x50 and I can zero the rifle before I head out, stick the gun in the bag drive a few miles to one of my permissions (rifle on passenger seat, and nice and slowly) take the gun out of the bag, rabbit pops out Bang - miss, check zero and its shooting left and it seems to always be left only once did it shoot right.

checked all mounts, loosened realigned and tightened

I'm unsure now as to whether there is a problem with the gun or the scope

Any help would be much appreciated

If its a free floating barrel then if its laying on the barrel while travelling it could move it enough to affect zero.

I use to own a parker hale dragon and if I lent it up against something on the silencer it would ruin the zero.

thanks guys, ive just taken another look at it and if I hold the front of the barrel and rotate it will rotate the barrel band and pull the barrel out of line, should the barrel band be tight so it cannot be turned or should it be loose so if it does turn it will return back to centre again?

Do not mess with it-take it back and show the seller-its his responsibility-if you fiddle and it turns out to be more serious than a loose screw you could affect your warranty.

now there is a man who speaks sense,

as said, leave it alone , take it back the shop and let them sort it, faffing about with it yourself will only void your warranty as has been said,

good luck with it

thanks for your help guys, I found the bolt holding the barrel at front to be slightly loose, so I loosened it off till the barrel centralised and retightened, zero'd and headed out for a target session and all is good, Returning it wasn't an option as I bought it second hand with no receipt (although cheap) and I'm guessing Webley wouldn't take it back without proof of purchase

If anyone out there has any webley/ hatsan 10 shot magazines spare let me know I lost one when I was on my target session

Thanks again guys

Edited by mk2pop

• 2 weeks later...