Daiwa G50 Pole

evo

hi all,

I,m looking at getting a new pole 16mtr for fishing the matches, I,ve had 2 x G20,s and also the original G8, now that the G20 has been discontinued and superseded by the Daiwa G50, has anyone on here got the G50 and if so what do you think of it,, the rrp is £1850 but most places are selling them for £1350 but I,ve been given a price of £1175 but will have to wait 4 weeks till it arrives,

if anyone has got one any thoughts would be appreciated

many thanks

Evo

I've never seen the point of a pole. They're awkward to handle and play fish on and they can't bring a fish in particularly fast. Are they just for folks who can't cast? :-)

If you do not see the point then you must have little knowledge of match fishing in general !

Edited by fenboy

I've never seen the point of a pole. They're awkward to handle and play fish on and they can't bring a fish in particularly fast. Are they just for folks who can't cast? :-)

try fishing shallow for F1,s with a rod and float, I,ll sit on the next peg and see who has what after fishing 5 hours, you will be surprised,

well pole has arrived, picking it up on Friday,

16mtr, 7 match tops I already have 3 lump hammer extensions to take me to 20.5mtrs

looking forward to getting my hands on it now, I could of done with it last week when I finished second and needed 17mtr, my peg was black with carp and ide but I could not get the presentation right without a pole

suppose I did ok with 50lb 8oz, first match I,ve fished in two years on this particular fishery so did ok

• 2 weeks later...

If you do not see the point then you must have little knowledge of match fishing in general !

Indeed. I have no interest in match fishing whatsoever, but I am genuinely curious as to why poles are seen as an effective fishing method. They are hard to handle and when at full extension are not as quick at playing and landing fish. I do understand that they are more consistently accurate at placing your rig in the same spot time after time but this can't be the only redeeming feature?

It's all about presentation.

Indeed. I have no interest in match fishing whatsoever, but I am genuinely curious as to why poles are seen as an effective fishing method. They are hard to handle and when at full extension are not as quick at playing and landing fish. I do understand that they are more consistently accurate at placing your rig in the same spot time after time but this can't be the only redeeming feature?