Scottish Members Funday 2

johnnytheboy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It varies Duncan, most common is ten stands with 5 pairs. Pairs are most commonly on report or simultaneous, so on each stand you shoot the same 2 birds 5 times. Some may do 10 stands of 4 pairs and 2 stand with 5 pairs, etc.

You also get 40 bird and 50 bird sporting competitions too.

Cluny and Auchterhouse let you pay and play so you can shoot what you like unless it's a competition.

Edit to add: Duncan, there is a 100 bird sporting comp at Auchterhouse on Aug 2nd, even if you don't shoot it is maybe worth popping up to see what goes on, it will give you a good insight. Very likely I will be shooting that comp so more than happy if you tag along, just don't expect to see any quality from me :)

Edited by grrclark

Cluny have cut prices for over a certain number of shooters as standard - 10 or more shooters is 22p, 6 or more 25p

Cluny have cut prices for over a certain number of shooters as standard - 10 or more shooters is 22p, 6 or more 25p

Sounds like you guys are having some good times but its just a bit to far to travel down from Dornoch.

Having done it in the past to both Cluny & Auchter House for 100 bird shoots its an all day affair for me having to leave home around 7ish to get there and not getting home until late in the afternoon early evening.

I haven't met any PW members up in my area but I suppose there are a few.