Hello from Alnwick

Hello from Alnwick..

Not really into Pigeon shooting these days ( shot enough to last a lifetime !) but found some parts of the site interesting.

Retired ex Army and latterly guide and gillie so thought I might be able to contribute something occasionally.

Hello mate lovely part of the world your in there was over Alnwick stalking last week fantastic ground I can see why you've shot your fill of pigeons

Thanks all for the welcome.

Yes Northumbria is a special place but I was brought up in a remote part of the Cotswolds until I joined the Army at 20 and that is the most beautiful part of England by a country mile...hope to get back there one day for a few years before I die..

When I was a lad pigeon flocks used to hit the fields around Oxon/Glos border 10,000 strong! you just don't see numbers like that these days outside of Portugal or Spain at olive ripening time.!

I know what you mean about the big flocks I hunt boar in portugal a few times a year and the area in winter when the acorns are dropping the pigeon numbers are unbelievable flocks of 10000 s of thousands my friend over Thera main income is letting small blocks of his land of to guys for pigeon shooting