lowther game fair

alros01

We went down today to drop off some fish & a crab to Paul Hart aka "The Pigeon Shooter" It was a nice WEE show & the ground is good :):good::yes: Looks a good clay set up (never took gun :ninja: & Lynelle had a go at the Star Shot! Went to see Terry (Bakerboy) but he was busy :unhappy: :unhappy: :unhappy: Entered my young dog in 3 of the Scurry events & despite not being fast enough he did me proud & picked all the dummy's :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: That's all I ask of him.Ended up with a Craghoppers shirt, Jerry Can & spout & dry bags for the boat. As for food - the mixed kebab wrap is the dogs danglies :good: :good: :good:

I popped down today too, it is a nice local show and it didn't include a fairground which is a very good thing.

I thought that the layout made things very tight in the middle and more crowded than it needed to be and the lack of a gun makers row is a shame, but not the end of the world. The natural amphitheatre to the main show ring is great.

A lot of clothing stalls so maybe a bit samey in that respect, but I don't feel hard done by for my £36 for me and the missus.

Had a good blether with a fair few folk and enjoyed watching the horses, dogs and a bit of shooting. Bought myself a stick too which wasn't planned, but I took a notion.

I did head up to the BASC coaching area, but didn't see Terry unfortunately.

If I was to go next year I would aim to stay over so I could enjoy a few beers afterwards and the nice Cumbrian hospitality, the people have an outlook on life that I like.

Sorry I missed those that called, my wife who was at the booking in desk did tell me I had had visitors.

The BASC Coaching stand was busy in fact very busy both days with over 200 lessons delivered.

Food wise the Indian Delights Tikka wrap for a fiver was fantastic value.

Sorry I missed those that called, my wife who was at the booking in desk did tell me I had had visitors.

The BASC Coaching stand was busy in fact very busy both days with over 200 lessons delivered.

Food wise the Indian Delights Tikka wrap for a fiver was fantastic value.

Glad we didn't comment how crabbit she was when we asked for you Terry :ninja::whistling::lol: I had the mixed Kebab wrap & it was reet tasty :yes::good::good: Spent £20 to let the Dog have some fun in the Scurry, bought a Craghoppers Shirt & Jerry Can & dry bag for the boat :) Dropped off a Crab & Smocked Mackerel for Paul Hart AKA The Pigeon Shooter

Mixed reviews by the above posters,,,,, I myself haven't been to Lowther for years, though had the chance this year to man the Wildfowling corner for the SSWA in the BASC tent along with WWA for both days.

we never had a chance to get the punt and gun in the BASC tent as it was to big,, will be trying next year though as I am sure it would have drawn a few more folk in.

we had a display of big bore guns and shells along with "Solway calls" duck and goose calls which were for sale, I thought these would have been snapped up but alas only a few were sold,, the WWA I believe done OK selling tickets for a weekend of morning and evening flighting, and at a £5 a go they were offering a great deal to the winning gun.

had a chance to go round the ground for a hour on Saturday and was impressed with the stalls and the exhibitors,, managed to pick myself some powder, wads and hulls from clay and game (wish I had have though on I could have put a order in with them prior to the show and picking it up over the weekend)

enjoyed the lurcher racing "haven't a clue which dogs won" all I waited for was the blonde on the trial bike who was running the rag back to the race start.... (the field looked flat until you watched her riding down the field !!!!!!!!!!)

we were busy both days answering questions though must say I really enjoyed it, and if by chance you came over for a chat "hello again" and if you didn't and are there next year come round for a crack.

Mixed reviews by the above posters,,,,, I myself haven't been to Lowther for years, though had the chance this year to man the Wildfowling corner for the SSWA in the BASC tent along with WWA for both days.

we never had a chance to get the punt and gun in the BASC tent as it was to big,, will be trying next year though as I am sure it would have drawn a few more folk in.

we had a display of big bore guns and shells along with "Solway calls" duck and goose calls which were for sale, I thought these would have been snapped up but alas only a few were sold,, the WWA I believe done OK selling tickets for a weekend of morning and evening flighting, and at a £5 a go they were offering a great deal to the winning gun.

had a chance to go round the ground for a hour on Saturday and was impressed with the stalls and the exhibitors,, managed to pick myself some powder, wads and hulls from clay and game (wish I had have though on I could have put a order in with them prior to the show and picking it up over the weekend)

enjoyed the lurcher racing "haven't a clue which dogs won" all I waited for was the blonde on the trial bike who was running the rag back to the race start.... (the field looked flat until you watched her riding down the field !!!!!!!!!!)

we were busy both days answering questions though must say I really enjoyed it, and if by chance you came over for a chat "hello again" and if you didn't and are there next year come round for a crack.

Bloody hell carl wish i knew you were in there as i would of come back and had a craic pal as i was in there early on sunday morning and had a chat to the guy that was there (from rockcliff i think he said) and admired the big old guns now they are a thing of bueaty.

sorry I missed you mark,, must have nipped for p**** or something, or was I watching the lurcher racing mmmm, there was a lot of interest in the 4s and 8s as quite a few folk don't get to see anything like them....not a bad collection really.... all the guns that where on the rack are used during the season, with i may add great pleasure...

me and me mate attended a memorial clay shoot a few weeks ago and brought some of the guns along all loaded with BP, we put a charge for each shot fired and raised around 4 or 500 £,just on the big bore stall, nearly every one had a go and I must admit I loved every minute of it just seeing the smile on them guys (and a Gal) after they had let of a shot off, it was nice to see them being used by folk who normally wouldn't dream of shooting something so big..it was also funny to see hats and glasses flying off......

Figgy.. we should have really have put the sign up outside the tent, I am sure it would have drawn more folk in,,,,he did have some nice mallard calls..give Eddie a call (pardon the pun) he will sent whatever you want and it only takes a couple of days for delivery,,,,

I had a crack with the lad on solway stand, nice fella, the single 4bore was a thing of beauty... Me and m greeny were went to nip back and see the lads with a view to joining the club (if possible) but never got round it, once I'd picked my loading gear it was a quick scurry back to the car, jot before mark got fleeced on some fudge hahahaha