Which Head Torch?

belly47

Hi guys what's your thoughts on this petzl head lamp.

Avaliable now at go outdoors for only £10

Petzl Tikkina Headlamp

A basic headlamp with two modes, ideal for everyday proximity use.The Petzl Tikkina has two lighting modes to adapt the light to your surroundings. The proximity mode provides a wide, comfortable beam for close range use such as reading, while the ambient mode has a dimmer beam to avoid blinding others when you're in a group situation.

It operates with a single push-button to switch between modes, and has an IPX4 water resistant casing which will protect from splash and spray from all angles.

The Tikkina runs from 3xAAA batteries (included), which provide a burn time of up to 180 hours.

Weight: 85gMaximum output: 60 lumens (proximity mode) / 15 lumens (ambient).Maximum range: 30m / 15m.Burn time: 120 hours / 180 hours.IPX4 weather resistance.Adjustable and washable elastic strap.3xAAA/LR03 batteries, rechargeable Ni-MH compatible.

How long have you had yours for ? I may give it a bash and get the red for the wife and the green for myself !

ATB

Matt

Sorry for delayed reply. Over three years so far, with regular winter commuting cycling use. The battery case cracked this year and they sent a replacement battery case FOC. I was amazed as it is well outside of any 12 month warranty.

Sorry for delayed reply. Over three years so far, with regular winter commuting cycling use. The battery case cracked this year and they sent a replacement battery case FOC. I was amazed as it is well outside of any 12 month warranty.

How long have you had yours for ? I may give it a bash and get the red for the wife and the green for myself !

ATB

Matt

The only thing putting me off the Alp kit is that it doesnt do rechargables.

ATB

Matt

Well I took a gamble and have just ordered two, one in each colour for me and the wife.

Also 7day shop order placed for a load of Duracell AAA batterys as they were a good price !

ATB

Matt :good: