Terrano vs Rav 4

fruity

Hi all

After a bit feedback regarding the two vehicles .

I currently have a 2.7 td terrano 2004 , I find it's brilliant off road, good ground clearance , loads of space being a lwb .

But I've been offered a Rav 4 2.0 2005 diesel which is a cracker , never owned one before.

Anyone owned both

Cheers

Guest stevo

Stick with the terrano . I had a SWB . 2.7 tdi and it was fantastic on and off the road .plus the rav 4 is for girls .

My sister.has the rav 4 and it sucks . Its gutt less too .

They are different beasts, one will get you most places you should be going and the Rav will do tracks and grass and soft roading. More a girls car and not built to go off road much but will be far more economical and useable as an every day driver.

Whoever said they were slowwants to try the 150bhp d4d as the one we have is far from slow.

RAV4 doesn't have low ratio, which means towing anything in a field, or when in mud or on rocks, you are at a distinct disadvantage

That's the bit I needed to know , I use low range a lot while driving through tractor tracks up to the diffs ..

Is the rav just 4x4 and that's it nothing else ?

They are different beasts, one will get you most places you should be going and the Rav will do tracks and grass and soft roading. More a girls car and not built to go off road much but will be far more economical and useable as an every day driver.

Whoever said they were slowwants to try the 150bhp d4d as the one we have is far from slow.

So rav are not that great off road then once you get into mud etc ?

Don't forget about tyres will make quite a difference... a lot comes down to what you need and what you want.

Yes true tyres do make a bit diffrence , he won't let me take it up the farm and try the tracks I usually drive in fear of me knocking it or Getting stuck , hence why I asked on here ...

It got me thinking because it's a lovely vehicle, a lot better on fuel and less agricultural , but I need something decent off road , that's a must :)

Edited by fruity

• 2 weeks later...